Joan Rivers dead.

EddieG

Joan Rivers: A Piece of Work is such a fantastic movie. Joan Rivers was a trailblazer and that movie really shows how difficult it was to be a stand-up comedian and more importantly, a woman in show business. She truly was a gem.

She was a towering figure in comedy. Joan Rivers is one of those celebrities who I knew of long before I even saw her do anything for real, because every single cartoon I watched as a kid worked in a character doing an impression of her. That being said, yeah, things got pretty ick there at the end.

• Like 1

Just goes to show that you never know what might lead to your own demise. What probably seemed like routine surgery ends up having fatal consequences. She was definitely a legend in the entertainment business and she will be missed. We're certainly losing some good ones lately. :(

She should be a true hero for all comedians and entertainers not just women. She kicked down all sorts of barriers, refused to compromise and was always Joan. To have remained relevant and entertaining to the end is a hell of an achievement. She was insanely dedicated to her craft and busted her arse to ensure she always had money in the bank.