Any good NFL text sims out there?

BirdistheWord

Honestly, there is nothing out there that would really immerse you as far as pro football goes, in my opinion.

OOTP has a pro football game in the works, though, called Beyond the Sidelines that I'm excited for. If it's half as in-depth as their baseball game it'll be a worthy football sim. There's no official release date yet, but I'd wait till then.

• Like 2

Honestly, there is nothing out there that would really immerse you as far as pro football goes, in my opinion.

OOTP has a pro football game in the works, though, called Beyond the Sidelines that I'm excited for. If it's half as in-depth as their baseball game it'll be a worthy football sim. There's no official release date yet, but I'd wait till then.

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to that game as well. I downloaded a demo from barcodegames.com. Also, a game called Front Office Football I found. Don't know if either of them are worth it. I might just have to simulate on Madden!

Not a text sim, and it doesn't cover much of the sport itself, but if you want to simulate the off field life of an NFL player, Sims 4 will let you take drugs, abuse your spouse and neglect your children. All they need is Strip Club DLC and it would be the perfect off field simulator.

• Like 13

Not a text sim, and it doesn't cover much of the sport itself, but if you want to simulate the off field life of an NFL player, Sims 4 will let you take drugs, abuse your spouse and neglect your children. All they need is Strip Club DLC and it would be the perfect off field simulator.

But what if I want to simulate college football? Will I be able to party with Drake or steal crab legs from the local grocery as well?

• Like 1

This is out in a little over a week. Anyone remember the original Front Page Sports games made by Sierra? http://www.frontpage-sportsfootball.com/about.html

Medias is an interesting word.

If that is even semi-decent I'll be all over it.

It sounds kind of like the head coach game EA put out a few years back, minus the NFL licensing. Crossing my fingers hoping it's mod friendly as well.

Edited by BirdistheWord

But what if I want to simulate college football? Will I be able to party with Drake or steal crab legs from the local grocery as well?

All this talk makes me miss Blitz: The League even though it was only out once. The option to juice up your players and bet on games and send hookers to the other team to try and throw them off the night before the game, all priceless. Eventually someone else needs to try and make an "M" rated football game with just as much off the field focus as on, even if it just is a text sim. I don't even care if it's all fake gimmicked players because of it, if the content is there it's there.

Anyways, are any of these football sims worth checking out? Like FM/OOTP baseball level? Or more like the last hockey game that came out? Skip-able.

All this talk makes me miss Blitz: The League even though it was only out once. The option to juice up your players and bet on games and send hookers to the other team to try and throw them off the night before the game, all priceless. Eventually someone else needs to try and make an "M" rated football game with just as much off the field focus as on, even if it just is a text sim. I don't even care if it's all fake gimmicked players because of it, if the content is there it's there.

Anyways, are any of these football sims worth checking out? Like FM/OOTP baseball level? Or more like the last hockey game that came out? Skip-able.

There was a Blitz: The League 2 ya know, Must have finished it a half dozen times, Will miss it when I sell my PS3.

I had grand plans for FHM when it came out, But the modding just wasn't flexible or easy enough to keep going with it. Football Mogul had promise but just didn't hit the mark.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Professional Football Simulator by Barcode Games is fun enough. The actual built in NFL data sucks but I have fun with the auto-generated teams. The only real problem is the drafts (Anyone after like round 4 just sucks) but it's about as good as it gets as far as managing a team from a player/strategy stand point.

There was a Blitz: The League 2 ya know, Must have finished it a half dozen times, Will miss it when I sell my PS3.

I had grand plans for FHM when it came out, But the modding just wasn't flexible or easy enough to keep going with it. Football Mogul had promise but just didn't hit the mark.

I actually forgot that until you mentioned it. Might have to go back and buy that if I can get my hands on it.