The Amazing Race

EddieG

We get an Amazing Race thread but no U.S. Big Brother!?

Big Brother is MY SHOW, dude. (This season just ended but my point still stands!)

Then start one come next season? :P

Big Brother is MY SHOW, dude. (This season just ended but my point still stands!)

But no one watches it here. I feel like it would just be me, and one is the loneliest number. :(

But no one watches it here. I feel like it would just be me, and one is the loneliest number. :(

That's what I thought about TAR before the others started talking about in the TNA thread :P (Although I was aware GoGo watched it as well).

Big Brother has always bored me. There is no interesting reason for me to watch.

TAR shows off my favourite thing ever, traveling. I have often been to most places they go, but love where they send them.

The past season for TAR: Canada was probably the best season of the race ever, and I despised the first season of TAR: Canada.

Off to England for some punting on (I hope) the Cam.

I liked the shout-out, throw back to the first race.

Especially since that was Frank from TAR1 who told the lead teams where it was. I remain heartbroken that Frank and Margarita didn't win, they were the first of the many, many awesome TAR teams that didn't win so some boring-ass white dudes could win instead.

It would be cool if they could work in homages to prior races in every leg this season. PARTICULARLY if it could mean the return of the Hay Bales of Doom.

• Like 1

At bare minimum it's been streamlined to the point where they can pretty much make it easy for a team they don't want to win to be forced out. There was a leg last season that within the first fifteen minutes had already narrowed it down to only three teams that could possibly go out, and surprise surprise they were basically the three teams that finished last in the prior leg. Then one of those teams lost their taxi and that was the episode.

I liked the shout-out, throw back to the first race.

Especially since that was Frank from TAR1 who told the lead teams where it was. I remain heartbroken that Frank and Margarita didn't win, they were the first of the many, many awesome TAR teams that didn't win so some boring-ass white dudes could win instead.

It would be cool if they could work in homages to prior races in every leg this season. PARTICULARLY if it could mean the return of the Hay Bales of Doom.

For reasons I don't recall (likely out of the country) I have never seen the first two seasons. I vividly recall watching an episode of Season 3 and falling immediately in love with everything about the show.

I'm always happy when the not-white-boys win, although, a great thing about season 1 is they didn't know how to 'bunch' properly. So Team Deigo (I think) were days behind and still sledding across Alaska. Which, was great.

They've rearranged the show so that it is always down to the last leg... which means some undeserving teams win... but I will always love this show.

Team Guido. Their swiftly becoming irrelevant to the final leg was hysterical after probably one of the all-time most suspenseful races to the finish between them and Kevin and Drew to determine who the third team making the final leg was, which was really all for nothing because they were both so hopelessly behind Frank and Margarita and the Lawyers.

Season 2 is pretty great. Wil and Tara are a trainwreck the whole way through and more importantly, that season has Oswald and Danny who are fucking amazing.

Speaking of, I finally opted to look at the lineup for who was in the first All-Stars season, which I don't intend to actually watch until I finish watching season 10. I wasn't aware of who the team that won it was (just that they were the only team of people who weren't on the same team in their season) but now that I am I'm kind of mortified to actually eventually watch it. but I'm still going to eventually just for the seasons 1 and 2 teams.

but man. Who was like "we really need Jon Vito and Jill back?" Should have been Jon and Kelly from season 4.

I loved JVJ. Jill was the original badass girl of the race.

But yeah, I used to love TAR. I've seen all of them up to like Season 13/14 I think, then I gave up. I think when they started to just re-use loads of other reality stars it started to lose its charm to me.

Or maybe it was just Margie and Luke.

Margie was okay. Luke was the silent, deaf, clueless, horrible cripple.

Gods was he terrible. Why they brought him back is beyond me.

This season only has three 'stunt cast' teams; A Survivor team I don't recall at all, team Tiger Shark (a surfer girl who lost her arm to a tiger shark, she's pretty badass), and the Wrestlers.

I'm a pretty big BB fan too, especially this season because it was casted really well and it wasn't too over the top with its twists. I could've gone without Victoria being dragged all the way to the final three but it is what it is.

I got back into TAR a couple months back when my girl and I signed up for hulu plus and rewatched a couple old seasons that I liked, mainly 2, 5, 7. I stopped watching after the Family season and she had never watched it before and we started binge watching a couple random seasons that I've never seen (we liked seasons 12, 20, and 22). I'm not feeling this season so far, with all the planted teams they put in, but I'll recorder it and give it a couple weeks to see how Team TNA and Soul Surfer do. The college sweethearts and the cyciclists are going to annoy me this season now that the sterotypical "hot girls that everyone thinks won't win but are eliminated first" are out.

• Like 1

I caved and am now re-watching Season One. The Guido's are so delightfully crafty.

Their early tricks were so much fun. TAR1 is so weird too in that the teams are like 80% just "they're a dating couple and they yell at each other a lot." Only Team Guido and Kevin and Drew really feel like fully-formed reality TV personas.

Also, Margie is just as bad as Luke. Her blow-up at Kisha and Jen (who I didn't even like at all) was so unbelievably embarrassing. I can't believe that THEY are three-time racers. Best team from that season was Mike and Mel anyway.

"The devil invented punting to punish the English."

Shelley and Nici are THE BEST. They even clearly used their Amazing Race superfan knowledge to not pull a Kisha and Jen (or, well, the part where they would have had to have stopped racing, anyway).

• Like 1