NBA 2014/15 Season Thread

Plubby

So I ordered International League Pass, I did it from somewhere in Africa because it was $151 as opposed to $300 for Australia. Someone fucked up and added two zeroes and now my debit card is overdrawn by $13k and change. I'm not even that mad, more amazed that my bank would allow someone to take $15k out of a debit card. I will be mad if they don't sort it out quickly though since it's my main account where all my money comes in and goes out of.

Also Wiggins and LaVine and Rubio are all lovely. Even Bennett is playing well. We will suck, but look good doing it!

• Like 2

Curious. I didn't much follow the business side of the NBA when the last lockout happened, and reading literature about it just confused me even more. Can someone explained what happened and why it led to this weird ass problem for 2016?

Well the last lockout was I think 2 years ago. And it was more about how much of the money should go to players, before the lockout it was a 57/43 split for the players, and during the lockout it got dinged down to 50/50 because the owners alledged that they were running heavy losses and basically wanted an equal cut.

Now this monster deal has happened that has tripled tv revenues and will make the NBA and all the owners a fucktonne of cash, and will no doubt increase profits by a big margin over the coming years.The players on the other hand feel short-changed, having had to cut the money they made 2 years ago because the league was in bad waters and now it has suddenly done a complete 180. The owners will make tonnes of money, and the players won't see a penny for it.

So the players now want to get rid of the max-wage and increase the soft-cap for wages. That way players can make more, and teams should be able to pay more too.

I personally feel that there needs to be a compromise though. Cuban has said that it needs to be more NFL-like in terms of contracts. No max-wage, but also no guaranteed contracts for longer than a year. So players can't cash in after a good year, and then tank completely and expect to keep making the big money deals. Players want guaranteed money, owners want guaranteed performances, neither are realistic from any standpoint.

I'm all for raising the cap and nixing max-wages. But the players also need to compromise in that regard, and getting rid of the terrible guaranteed deals would go a long way in making the league a lot more competitive. And helping to get rid of the high-earning low-performing players who don't add anything.

Not to mention make it so we never have to hear the words "expiring contract" ever again.

So I ordered International League Pass, I did it from somewhere in Africa because it was $151 as opposed to $300 for Australia. Someone fucked up and added two zeroes and now my debit card is overdrawn by $13k and change. I'm not even that mad, more amazed that my bank would allow someone to take $15k out of a debit card. I will be mad if they don't sort it out quickly though since it's my main account where all my money comes in and goes out of.

Also Wiggins and LaVine and Rubio are all lovely. Even Bennett is playing well. We will suck, but look good doing it!

Just in case anyone cares. They returned all the money, plus $200 (not sure if they got better currency conversion rate or the dollar changed or whatever in the half week it took to get sorted). Plus I get this season's basketball for free. So I actually earnt $200 to have League Pass this year. I'm pretty amazed at how they handled it honestly.

Edit. They have also offered to refund any bank charges (which did happen to the tune of $454). If the bank won't pay them, I'll take them up on it. The bank have been far more shitty, didn't lodge the complaint to include the $454, then asked when I went back in why I hadn't asked for it to be done, now could be waiting 21 days for them to do it :/

So yeah, if the NBA ever rip you off it will end nicely it seems.

Edited by Quom
  • Like 1

A potential disaster turned into a nice profit for you, excellent.

So, after some pre-season action for the Pistons I still think we could be decent. Last years draft pick Kentavious Caldwell Pope looks vastly improved, just him giving us offense will be huge. Luckily his knee injury was minor and he should be good to go for the start of the season. Unfortunately Jodie Meeks is out for a bit with a bad back, being that he was our biggest free agent signing. It appears SVG will be bringing one of the big three off the bench. Drummond is a star in the making, and going into his third year, should only get better.

I'm hoping to compete for a 7th or 8th seed, seems to be our ceiling this year. Our young guys need the playoff experience even if it is a whooping from Cleveland or Chicago.

I got charged for League pass two years ago but the login never worked. Raised two support tickets, both of which went unanswered.

Well that sucks. I never emailed or raised a ticket. I just went to the bank, explained what happened and they did stuff. Then got an email today with all that info. Money was actually returned last week some time (Thursday I think).

Like I said I also broke the terms of service by signing up in an African country to save $150.

This will be the fourth year that I will have the league pass. Living in Hollands means I just have to avoid the internet until I have seen the Thunder play every time. And it's nice to hear how the handled it Quom.

7 more days and I'm really getting looking forward to this season. Hopefully Steven Adams can make a huge leap. I also hope we don't fall behind to much the first month without KD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RrbGpOlIHg