NBA 2014/15 Season Thread

Plubby

Thompson surprises me. He seemed to keep them in a lot of possessions with his rebounding.

He's about to make an assload of money for those rebounds too.

This free agency will be interesting to see who signs long-term deals and who bets on themselves to cash in when the salary cap jumps. Apparently Jimmy Butler is opting for the latter.

Kevin Love will be an interesting case. Is he staying in Cleveland at all, or is he going to LA? And in either case, is he snagging a long term deal or signing short term?

Cleveland was statistically at its best when Thompson and Mozgov were in there together, as opposed to Love. James is going to be cashing in after this season, so presumably Cleveland won't lock up both Love and Thompson long-term so they can allocate enough money to him. But even without that, can they afford both of them? Probably not, especially not after the last few weeks where Thompson's value has reached "is this guy the new Dennis Rodman?" levels.

How did you end up a Charlotte fan? That seems like a terrible decision to have made.

He liked their colors.

This is how I ended up as a Spurs fan. NBA Jam on the Mega Drive. They'd played in black and white like Newcastle.

• Like 2

This free agency will be interesting to see who signs long-term deals and who bets on themselves to cash in when the salary cap jumps. Apparently Jimmy Butler is opting for the latter.

You better be just extorting us for more money Jimmy Butler! :angry:

• Like 1

Cleveland was statistically at its best when Thompson and Mozgov were in there together, as opposed to Love. James is going to be cashing in after this season, so presumably Cleveland won't lock up both Love and Thompson long-term so they can allocate enough money to him. But even without that, can they afford both of them? Probably not, especially not after the last few weeks where Thompson's value has reached "is this guy the new Dennis Rodman?" levels.

The Cavs can afford to resign everyone and according to Brian Windhorst are preparing for a 100-110 million dollar team salary next year.

Kevin Love will be an interesting case. Is he staying in Cleveland at all, or is he going to LA? And in either case, is he snagging a long term deal or signing short term?

Awhile ago I would have said he's leaving but seeing them make the Finals and ostensibly losing because he was hurt makes me think he'll feel obligated to come back. I think it's short term either way, though.

The Cavs can afford to resign everyone and according to Brian Windhorst are preparing for a 100-110 million dollar team salary next year.

That wouldn't shock me, I mean with the cap jumping after this year you can take on a ton of salary and only take a huge tax hit for one seaosn.

Apparently LeBron will be given the chance to have a lot of input into free agency.

We have analytics right in front of us, I'm very cynical he'll be able to pinpoint players he wants as well as people whose careers are built around doing such. Players when asked often want to play with guys they like, that might not really mean guys who are going to help them.

How did you end up a Charlotte fan? That seems like a terrible decision to have made.

He liked their colors.

This is how I ended up as a Spurs fan. NBA Jam on the Mega Drive. They'd played in black and white like Newcastle.

Wearing black and white turned out fantastically for one of the two :shifty:

This Dwayne Wade situation is going to be something to watch closely in the coming weeks. Some local Heat folks (including Dan Lebatard) think him going to the Cavs is becoming a legit possibility this off-season. I don't buy it yet but it is something to monitor. I imagine he'd be the 6th man and play 28-32 MPG, taking a lot of the load off LeBron.