NBA 2014/15 Season Thread

Plubby

Shabazz Muhammad is quickly catching Rubio for my favourite player. The amount of energy he plays with is just stupid.

Edit. It seems that the Eastern Hawks are in fact better than the Western Hawks.

Edited by Quom

MO WILLIAMS IS IN THE HORNETS! :w00t:

Quom, how was he playing with the Wolves lately?

He has been weird, he chucks up a lot of shots he shouldn't and doesn't seem to pass the ball and the offence stagnates and yet somehow he seems to end each game with a bunch of assists. He has been very similar to how J.J. Barea was for us but has actually been somewhat effective playing that way. I liked him because he has been talking and teaching our kids.

If we hadn't been struck with all the injuries I'd imagine not only would we be keeping him but we'd be celebrating him. He would have been great as a spark off the bench who could offer things Rubio struggles with (taking over the game with his shooting, stretching the floor opening up other players) but he wants to play in the play-offs and right now he's going to hurt the tank.

Basically I wouldn't want him as my primary PG, but as a back up he's solid and seems like a great team-mate. However since you guys are without Kemba I really don't know how well it will work out.

But since you got him for basically free (since it seems everyone hates Neal, so the real cost was a second round pick) and also got Daniels (I don't like him, he seems much shorter than his listed height and has to be a PG yet can't defend or run an offence and was never the dead eyed shooter he was sold as) I think you guys did well. He's going to be an upgrade from nothing so can't see how you guys made the wrong choice. Plus Mo is expiring so if it doesn't work out the commitment ends at the end of the season anyway.

I mean, the good thing was to get rid of Neal at all costs. He wasn't playing good defense, which is basically the bulk of our gameplan, and fairly inconsistent with his shot. We blew too many big leads this season, and some of them were partly due to the fact that he would try to knock down some impossible 3s with 15 seconds left on the clock and leave the team open for a fastbreak.

And Mo as starter for now really helps out a lot. I like Roberts but we desperately need a better back-up.

Now we need to get rid of Lance fucking Stephenson. :@

Oh if you're after defence I don't know how much you'll like Mo >_>. Also Mo has been known to do the exact thing you are bitching about, or dribble the ball down to 4 on the shot clock and then need to launch.

Edited by Quom

Was at the Grizz game tonight! First time in quite a while so it was fun. The seats were great and more importantly free on my part. They played a cute pre-recorded Daniel Bryan video to hype for Fast Lane.

Did you see Deron Williams? Because he's been invisible since we moved to Brooklyn. *mutters*

I'm holding hope that we deal JJ for Stephenson because this team has no fire, especially JJ, but why would you when you're getting a cool 23 mil anyway?

I thought he meant J.J. Barea and wondered what sort of bizarro world I was in, then thought he meant J.J. Hickson and thought it was more reasonable, but Joe Johnson makes the most sense now you've mentioned him.

We made lots of moves, I don't know if any make much sense. It's weird, all of the Wolves fans seem really upset we have traded a lottery protected pick from 2017. We have like 5 guys currently on rookie deals, we just added a sixth in the trade ( and will have 7 after this season which should be a high pick). Anthony Bennett looks like the only likely bust out of that cast currently. I can't really imagine us needing another guy from outside the lottery to magically tie it all together, to me it makes much more sense we'll be looking at established players who have shown they excel at defined roles to fill needs. To me mid-late draft picks are getting way overhyped at the moment. Payne makes sense to me, Young and Bennett are too short, Dieng is too skinny, Payne can stretch the floor and can hopefully body up on defence against bigger PFs and might even be able to play in tandem with Dieng and cover the bulkier assignment. It makes sense you want to develop your young guys at the same time rather than having talented rookies getting DNPs because your rotation is set.

I thought we'd buy out Gary Neal and just have roster space. I dunno, I'm not a huge fan of older guys staying on bad teams when they aren't going to see much of the floor, to me it's a recipe for disaster.