NBA 2014/15 Season Thread

Plubby

Crazy weird arse game against Brooklyn. Pek was +34, Rubio was +26 Dieng was -27 and Mo Williams was -22. Every time Pek or Rubio sat there would be a massive run against the Wolves, then they'd get back on the court and the opposite happened. Thankfully it stuck for the whole game so we caught them when Pek and Rubio got back on the court to finish the game.

Rubio had a nice stat line: 14 pts (6/11 from the field), 8rbds, 12 assists and 2 steals.

Wiggins was great on offence with 17 points @ 58% FG but iso Joe gave him all kinds of problems on defence.

Edited by Quom

No name Donald Sloan, backup backup backup PG for Indiana, dueled with John Wall tonight. Wall prevailed in the end when Sloan passed it out to Roy Hibbert (0-7 from the field) down 2 for a buzzer beating 3-pointer to win the game. Given the lack of depth Indy has the play makes sense, but not the person taking that shot.

Earlier today my boyfriend asked me why he (pointing at Deron Williams) was playing for the other team. At the time I thought he was talking about Rubio since they're a similar height, both have dark hair and facial hair.

I then showed him the video of Pek saying he'd forget the win and Rubio's hilarious reaction (I'm on mobile so can't easily link, but it's a brilliant gif/vine).

My boyfriend said 'him, that's the one playing on the wrong team'. He somehow confused Pek with Deron Williams. I guess it's the same thing as Rubio but add in tattoos. But gave me a chuckle that the two could be confused.

Crazy weird arse game against Brooklyn. Pek was +34, Rubio was +26 Dieng was -27 and Mo Williams was -22. Every time Pek or Rubio sat there would be a massive run against the Wolves, then they'd get back on the court and the opposite happened. Thankfully it stuck for the whole game so we caught them when Pek and Rubio got back on the court to finish the game.

Rubio had a nice stat line: 14 pts (6/11 from the field), 8rbds, 12 assists and 2 steals.

Wiggins was great on offence with 17 points @ 58% FG but iso Joe gave him all kinds of problems on defence.

Brook looked like he was going up against a brick wall last night, he was getting no room whatsoever when he tried to create any offense in the post. Once he was out the game is when Brook finally got it going and we managed our comeback. Minnesota is way too athletic for us and that's going to be a big problem for us all year because we're just not as fast as the younger teams and Brook back added a lot to that. He's a gift and a curse. :/

Just finished the today's game. 22 turnovers! It's like we don't even want the ball.

2 scrappy wins and a loss, it's a rough start so far. Hopefully as game conditioning sets in we'll improve.

EDIT: And we're resting Timmy, Thiago and Belinelli for tonight's game. I wouldn't be worried if we weren't playing so tepidly.

Edited by Benkid

Man, that was tough to watch. It's a smart move by Pop, the Rockets are going to be fucking tough to beat especially on their current run and we have the Pelicans on Saturday, but seeing Howard smiling all over us was still annoying.

It is a smart move and one that may bite them a time or two more this season, but when we're all yet again wondering how the hell the Spurs do this in April and Dwight's once again forgotten how to postseason...

I think he just doesn't have the conditioning and the mental toughness to face the same guys over and over again over a short period of time. Although he did take the Magic to the finals once. Or was it twice? But that was like in 2006 or something.

I think if Pop was given the same team to play over and over again for 82 games, he'd lose like the first five or six and then win 90% of the rest. Once he figures out how your team is performing and what their whole strategy for the series is, he just configures the Spurs to suit it.

He took the Magic to the Finals with Stan Van Gundy as his coach and he won the Conference Finals where LeBron wilted to pressure that started everyone basically saying he isn't clutch.

Things were weird back then.

With a large boost from Rashard Lewis, who happened to test positives for steroids and be suspended the next season for it.

Trailblazers are making everything, Mavs can't buy a basket and a fan had to be stretchered out of the building.

Another 3rd quarter slump and this time the other team had the poise to capitalise hard and never lift. Saw this coming after the previous games where they done the same but survived. The Mavs really need to find a fix for their 3rd quarter woes, because it's gonna hurt them a lot this season.

At least there was the light spot of going 16/16 from the stripe, and also having 2:1 assist/turnover ratio. So they weren't doing the wrong things, they simply lacked the edge and focus against the Blazers, who took advantage of it and blew them out.

Rubio with a hideous looking ankle injury (foot was bent so far sideways it never touched the ground).

Now with added photo of when he injured it which I've spoilered so people don't complain >_>

DyMZEbC.jpg

Edited by Quom