Actors and actresses you can't stand

Benji

Jonah Hill, Channing Tatum, Shia Labeouf, anyone from Twilight, Sacha Baron Cohen, Ben Affleck, Ashton Kutcher, Hayden Christensen, Jake Lloyd, Freddie Prinze Jr., Shelley Long, Jaden Smith

I love Jason Statham movies. You guys suck

I like that Statham at least seems to realise that what he's generally doing in films is ridiculous.

Also, I can think of at least five films that he's in that I really enjoy: Lock Stock, Snatch, Crank, Transporter (1&2 but 2's mainly for Kate Nauta)...

Cellular is ok, I have a weird soft-spot for Revolver (probably brainwashed by that Kaballah lot).

Most of his more recent "antihero" tyepcast stuff is all pretty much the same and his American accent is just horrible, but I won't accept that all his stuff sucks because that's a lie.

I can't really think of who I don't like, except maybe Shia LaBeouf

• Like 1

Owen Wilson is really hit or miss with me. I only really seem to enjoy him when he's with Vince Vaughn. Will Ferrell is also very hit or miss. It's either something I find really funny and enjoyable or an absolutely intolerable mess.

Kirsten Dunst, Scarlett Johansson, actually pretty much any actress that has been announced as being the young thinking man's actress. It seems to be code for 'kind of attractive in a weird way but only in the right lighting and way overrated'. Maggie Gyllenhaal gets a pass because I can actually cope with her.

Tom Cruise generally just freaks me out. My friend's brother used to drive people who worked for a tv station in Australia around. He was Katie Holmes' chauffeur whilst she was out here filming something, Tom Cruise popped over to visit and he says that whilst intense he was the second nicest, most genuinely interested in him type of person he'd met whilst working (Guillermo del Toro was the nicest, he just wanted to hang out so they went to comic book stores and chatted). So whilst he potentially is a nice guy I just can't buy him in anything I see. I can't even put my finger on it, he just seems kind of creepy and sleazy. Plus to me at least he doesn't look the part for the roles he plays. I don't buy him as suave and don't buy him as an action star, so his movies don't make much sense to me.

I don't really like Ryan Gosling either, he's the male version of those women I mentioned. I don't find him attractive and besides Lars and the Real Girl I don't think I've enjoyed anything he has been in. Sean Penn always seems to be in over-rated tripe, same fot Daniel Day-Lewis. Clint Eastwood looks like a pickled walnut and is the previous generations Tom Cruise as far as I'm concerned. Mark Wahlberg is just eurgh, same with Ben Affleck, not huge on Matt Damon either. Oh and Adam Sandler might be the least funny person alive.

Actually it might be easier just to list actors I actually enjoy in nearly everything they do.

Whaaaat? I don't really know where to start. Scarlett's much more than the kind of actress you mentioned. I mean, I'd pick up on the Sean Penn bit, but Daniel Day Lewis? Really? He's phenomenal in basically everything he's in; My Left Foot, In The Name of the Father, There Will Be Blood and Lincoln are all unbelievable performances. Saying you don't like him is fine, but to say he's always in over-rated tripe is kinda silly.

It's probably more that I don't think they're necessarily bad actors, it's that I don't enjoy the movies they do (with the very rare exception). So it's the opposite to what you're suggesting. I think some of them are good actors, I just think they are cast in specific types of movies that I really dislike. To me it's like when people are into certain types of music and claim it's the best thing ever because it's so technical. I don't really care how fancy it is, if I don't enjoy it, then I don't enjoy it and I certainly don't want to listen it it for 3 hours. Especially when so much hype follows their films just because they are in it.

I'm not saying people are wrong for liking them or their movies. I just personally don't understand the appeal and whenever I get caught up in the hype realise within 15 minutes that I've made a terrible mistake.

Jennifer Garner is the worst for me. She's the weakest link in everything she's in and just so bland and annoying. She even managed to taint Dallas Buyers Club a bit with her shit acting. (Except for 13 Going on 30. 13 Going on 30 is my shit).

ScarJo is also annoying.

On the male front, Adam Sandler post-Click is god awful.

Add me to the Shia LaBeouf haters.

Also, Sarah Jessica Parker and Russell Brand. Never have liked her, and the only thing I could tolerate Brand in is Rock of Ages.

Used to be a Mel Gibson fan, until he proved to be insane, and now I can't stand him.

.....must have been blackout drunk because I don't remember saying Tom Hanks is a cunt.

Daniel Day Lewis is great. Last of the Mohicans and especially Gangs of New York are great performances. I hear he is a bit of an oddball though.

I agree with Will Farrell. I always envision him as a vomitting head injury.