365 Albums In 365 Days

Benji

I feel like Srar had a really cool idea with 365 movies in 365 days, so I figured doing a music one would be cool too, especially since I'd imagine most people listen to music on their commutes or lunch breaks, and could much more easily do an hour of a music album than a couple of hours of film a day.

Whatever rules you want to set for yourself are up to you, you can repeat albums, do ones you've already done, whatever, entirely up to challenge taker's choice.

For anyone looking for some ideas for albums to listen to, here's the Wiki for 2014 albums and here's a Reddit thread where people suggested albums they like every song on.

I will be using Google Play Music for my challenge, which I would imagine is something others would look into since paying £10 per day for an album would be ridiculous, whereas paying £10 a month for their entire library seems more reasonable :shifty: Of course there's other options like iTunes' version, Spotify and more.

I am so far behind on albums, even when it features bands I really like, so I'm going to try my best to make most of them albums I haven't listened to, starting with:

365 Albums in 365 Days

1. 'From Here to Now to You' by Jack Johnson (3rd October 2014)

post-36483-this-is-an-excellent-rectangl

• Like 1

Oh, now this I can do (Gave up on the film one already because I'm mostly watching TV Series at the moment).

Listened to four today! Counting all my repeats because why not.

1. 'Royal Blood' by Royal Blood

2. 'Amaryllis' by Shinedown

3. 'The Hunting Party' by Linkin Park

4. 'Save Rock and Roll' by Fall Out Boy

I fully expect I'll have this finished by, like, February :shifty:

• Like 1

Yeah, this is an interesting thing. Much more interesting than the film edition, if you ask me. But I guess that comes down to media preference. I might do a bit more than a list, though. Perhaps add a little review or something, just for fun.

1) Perfume Genius 'Too Bright' - Interesting, not my usual cup of tea but his voice and the sparse use of instruments add up to a worthwhile listen.

I'd also not been aware that I'd heard one of his songs on the radio the other day, so that was a surprise.

Using Metacritic initially to get my first lot of albums to listen to.

2) Earth 'Primitive and Deadly' - Brilliant. Love the use of Mark Lanegan and a couple of other guest vocalists to just add an extra layer. Dark, but beautiful.

Edited by Captain Condom

Ehhh may as well, I won't keep this up though <_<

1. The 59 Sound, The Gaslight Anthem (going home, Thursday)

2. The 59 Sound, The Gaslight Anthem (to work)

3. Get Hurt, The Gaslight Anthem (going home)

4. The 59 Sound, The Gaslight Anthem (Today, at home)

5. Because the Internet, Childish Gambino

Surely the idea would be 365 different albums? Or am I missing the point?

EDIT: Read Benji's post again - guess rules are up to that person.

I think I'll aim for ones I've never heard, each different.

Edited by Captain Condom

Yeah, I'm not going to make it to 365 albums without a double (or more, ha). It's more coincidence that I've listened to The 59 Sound so much because it's a perfect driving album on the way to/from work, perfect length of my journey, and I'm excited about seeing them next month.

365 Albums in 365 Days

1. 'From Here to Now to You' by Jack Johnson (3rd October 2014)

2. 'V' by Maroon 5 (3rd October 2014)

3. 'Uno!' by Green Day (4th October 2014)

4. '... Like Clockwork' by Queens of the Stone Age (4th October 2014)

Starting off with four albums I've been meaning to give a listen to for ages.

QOTSA was very by the numbers for them, no real fresh sound, but the average QOTSA is still better than most bands and I'm sure 'My God Is The Sun' and 'Fairweather Friends' will sneak into my regular listening for a while.

Maroon 5's effort was similarly familiar, but only 'Maps' stood out for me on first listen.

Green Day's album was a bit more energetic than their last few efforts, but still nothing grabbed hold of me as amazing beyond the one track I already knew - 'Kill The DJ'.

Jack Johnson's album was probably the best of the four so far, with 'Shot Reverse Shot', 'Tape Deck' and 'Home' being my picks from the album.

Sure, I'll try and give this a go. I'm going to go ahead of albums I've already listened to, I think, but I'm only going to list them once.

1. Carry On The Grudge - Jamie T

2. Innerworld - Electric Youth

3. Wonder Where We Land - SBTRKT

4. Hesitant Alien - Gerard Way

5. Youth Culture Forever - Paws

6. Summer Camp - Summer Camp