Started October 4th:

1. Arcade Fire - Reflektor

2. Modest Mouse - The Lonesome Crowded West

3. Bombay Bicycle Club - So Long, See You Tomorrow

4. Gorillaz - Demon Days

5. Eagles of Death Metal - Heart On

6. Lorde - Pure Heroine

7. Daft Punk - Random Access Memories

• Reflektor is probably the worst Arcade Fire album, but it's still a good album.
  • Lonesome Crowded West is pretty great.
  • BBC have improved in the last few years, although I do miss songs in the vein of "Emergency Contraception Blues" and "Evening/Morning".
  • Demon Days starts well, the middle is pretty terrible and the ending few tracks are solid.
  • I would love another Eagles of Death Metal album.
  • I was really surprised by how much I enjoyed Lorde.
  • Random Access Memories was decent, it did not live up to the hype.

Even if it's improved, BBC have never been close to anything from their first album for me. They were always the best songs to see live; and while the production got a lot better, they just lost that sense of fun which the first album kinda encapsulates.

See, I've only just started listening to them so I've binge listened to most of their stuff in 2-3 months and I prefer their newest two albums. Especially "Whenever, Wherever" on the newest record. Really good band though, totally get the hype at last!

365 Albums in 365 Days

1. 'From Here to Now to You' by Jack Johnson (3rd October 2014)

2. 'V' by Maroon 5 (3rd October 2014)

3. 'Uno!' by Green Day (4th October 2014)

4. '... Like Clockwork' by Queens of the Stone Age (4th October 2014)

5. 'Let Them Talk' by Hugh Laurie (5th October 2014)

6. 'Most Messed Up' by Old 97s (5th October 2014)

7. 'Royal Blood' by Royal Blood (5th October 2014)

8. 'Cheek To Cheek' by Lady Gaga and Tony Bennett (5th October 2014)

Decided to mix it up a bit for my next four:

I've always wanted to try listening to more blues and I found Hugh Laurie's album, so I figured why not try making that jump with a familiar figure. It's actually pretty good. Plenty of good songs, but it's not until the tail end of the album that it comes into it's own. His rendition of 'They're Red Hot', and the songs from the Special Edition are where it comes into it's own, with 'Hallelujah I Love Her So', 'Crazy Arms' and his live version of 'You Don't Know My Mind' all being the stars of the album (though the rest is pretty good). It's the kind of album that makes you want to see the person live because it would feel even more special.

Old 97s are a band I've heard random songs of that I loved, but I've never given a shot to a full album. Glad I did. 'Longer Than You've Been Alive' is a great salute to rock and roll to kick the album off, and it's pretty solid from there. Best songs of the bunch are 'Let's Get Drunk And Get It On', 'Nashville' and 'The Disconnect'.

The next one was influenced by the thread since I saw two people listen to it. I honestly didn't have a clue what to expect going in but I came out with a hot new album with Royal Blood's self-titled effort. It's like Muse and Queens of the Stone Age had a baby, and is pretty much what I wished QOTSA's latest album had been. Best tracks are 'Out Of The Black' and 'Ten Tonne Skeleton', but that's not putting down the rest of the songs as they're pretty much all worth a listen.

Finally a swing album. I like swing music, but like blues I always mean to listen to more. It was a mistake. I was really expecting way better from Gaga, but it's really disappointing. Even the cover of 'Let's Face The Music and Dance' is a real let down. Not recommended.

1.) Royal Blood by Royal Blood.

2.) Concrete Love by Courteeners.

3.) Satellite Flight: The Journey to Mother Moon by Kid Cudi.

4.) Great Divide by Twin Atlantic.

5.) So Long See, Tomorrow by Bombay Bicycle Club.

6.) Inside In Inside Out by The Kooks.

7.) Jesus Piece by The Game.

8.) Live Life Living by Example.

9.) Come Of Age by The Vaccines .

Having mainly heared 'Ooh La La' and 'Naïve' by them I decided to give the whole of The Kooks debut album a listen and was not disappointed, 'Seaside', 'She Moves In Her Own' Way' and 'I Want You' are easily my favourite on a well packed album.

Jesus Piece was okay, The Game lyrically is a genius however the beats were not as good as his earlier albums I definitely prefer LAX Files, The Documentary and R.E.D to this one. The songs that stand out on this album for me are 'Pray', 'See No Evil' and 'Hallelujah'. I do not understand why he had to ruin all that lady with Lil Wayne it was a decent enough song up until he got involved he just ruins it.

Live Life Living was impressive, I was little bit surprised having never been huge on Example, this album is full of great anthems. Personal favourites are 'Kids Again', 'Longest Goodbye' and 'All The Wrong Places'.

Come Of Age is a great album with no bad tracks on it, 'Teenage Icon', 'All in Vain' and 'Runaway' are the ones I enjoy the most of the album.

Edited by Dang117

1. Brown Sugar - D'Angelo (Oct 6th)
2. Aquarius - Tinashe (Oct 6th)
3. The Score - Fugees (Oct 6th)
4. Turn Blue - The Black Keys (Oct 6th)

Will likely give Tinashe's album another listen. Came away liking the production, but I thought she didn't have a unique enough voice. A lot of Cassie vibes throughout. Turn Blue was pretty good, though my friend suggested I listen to El Camino. The Score is one of my favorites and I think it's a flawless album. Brown Sugar was delightful and D'Angelo has an amazing voice. Will likely listen to his follow-up Voodoo next.

1. Cavalier Youth by You Me At Six

2. Vessel by Twenty One Pilots

3. Contra by Vampire Weekend

4. Blood Red Shoes (Self titled album)- Good, not as good as In Time to Voices though.

5. Spreading Rumours by Grouplove- I think it lacks any killer songs like their first album had (tongue tied, colours), but it's a nice and chilled album regardless. "News to Me" especially is a good song.

6. Kerrang! does American Idiot- This technically counts as an album as Kerrang! invited some artists to cover American Idiot, ten years on. There are some good covers on there, Whatsername by New Politics and Homecoming by Lonely the Brave especially. Frank Iero's version of Extraordinary Girl sucks and a fair few songs are pretty average.

KEY

RED = LOOKING FORWARD TO

GREEN = ARTIST UNKNOWN

ORANGE = HESITANT

^ = BETTER THAN EXPECTED

- = AS EXPECTED

˅ = WORSE THAN EXPECTED

x. Aphex Twin, "Selected Ambient Works 85 - 92"

x. Aphex Twin, "Richard D. James Album"

1. Aphex Twin, "Syro" -

> Pleasantly surprised that he hit up a sound that reflected Selected Ambient Works, without sounding dated. There was not too much adventure to be found, though, but Syro is still a masterful return album for Aphex Twin. I hope he does not disappear again.

x. Düreforsög, "Knee"
x. Mutwawa/SEAL TEAM 666, "Watchers from the Abyss"
x. SubArachnoid Space, "These Things Take Time"
x. Mocean Worker, "It's Pronounced Motion Worker"
x. Various Artists, "Verve Remixed 4"
x. The Prodigy, "Music for the Jilted Generation"
x. The Prodigy, "Invaders Must Die"
2. Redinho, "Redinho" -
> I have been waiting a long time for this LP to drop. Being a big fan of the Numbers record label, I was really happy to learn that both Rustie, Sophie and Redinho would be putting out new material. And this was even better than Green Language, an album I am apparently in the minority for liking. Soulful, bouncy and sexy, I really like the sleazy sound of this.

1. The 59 Sound, The Gaslight Anthem (going home, Thursday)

2. The 59 Sound, The Gaslight Anthem (to work)

3. Get Hurt, The Gaslight Anthem (going home)

4. The 59 Sound, The Gaslight Anthem (Today, at home)

5. Because the Internet, Childish Gambino

6. Facelift, Alice in Chains

7. Sap (EP), Alice in Chains

8. Racecar is Racecar Backwards, Reuben (going to work)

9. Racecar is Racecar Backwards, Reuben (going home, decided to listen again as I didn't quite make it to the end in the morning)

10. EP, Childish Gambino

11. Culdesac, Childish Gambino

12. Gentlemen, Afghan Whigs (currently)

First time listening to Afghan Whigs. To be honest, they're reminding me of both Helmet and My Vitriol.

1. 'Royal Blood' by Royal Blood

2. 'Amaryllis' by Shinedown

3. 'The Hunting Party' by Linkin Park

4. 'Save Rock and Roll' by Fall Out Boy

5. 'City of Evil' by Avenged Sevenfold

6. 'West Ryder Pauper Lunatic Asylum' by Kasabian

7. 'This Is War' by Thirty Seconds to Mars

8. 'Uno!' by Green Day

9. 'Dos!' by Green Day

10. 'Tre!' by Green Day

11. 'American Idiot' by Green Day

12. 'Lateralus' by Tool

13. 'Velociraptor' by Kasabian

14. 'A Thousand Suns' by Linkin Park

15. 'Avenged Sevenfold' by Avenged Sevenfold - Bit different from what they offered with 'City of Evil', but a solid album nonetheless. Afterlife, Lost, and Gunslinger are personal favourites.

16. 'All This Bad Blood' by Bastille - Solid album all the way through. I prefer the slightly rockier sounding tracks like Pompeii, Icarus and Things We Lost In The Fire, but the softer side is good too. Being a double album, the second disc offers a bit of a mixture as well, including a good cover of 'What Would You Do' by City High.

17. 'Only Revolutions' by Biffy Clyro - Hell of an album. Solid all the way through.

• Like 1

365 ALBUMS IN 365 DAYS

1. Smashing Pumpkins - 'Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness'

2. Royal Blood - 'Royal Blood'

3. At The Drive-In - 'Relationship of Command'

4. The Mars Volta - 'De-Loused in the Comatorium'

5. Joe Bonamassa - 'Different Shade of Blue'

6. Devin Townsend - 'Ocean Machine'

7. Cave In - 'White Silence'

8. Smashing Pumpkins - 'Adore'

9. Weezer - 'Everything Will Be Alright In The End'

10. Gerard Way - 'Hesistant Alien'

11. The Gaslight Anthem - 'Handwritten'

12. Lorde - 'Pure Heroine'

13. Lana Del Rey - 'Ultraviolence'

14. Lower Than Atlantis - 'Lower Than Atlantis'

15. Fatherson - 'I Am An Island'

1. Carry On The Grudge - Jamie T

2. Innerworld - Electric Youth

3. Wonder Where We Land - SBTRKT

4. Hesitant Alien - Gerard Way

5. Youth Culture Forever - Paws

6. Summer Camp - Summer Camp

7. Drenge - Drenge

8. The Marshall Mathers LP 2 - Eminem

9. From Under The Corktree - Fall Out Boy

10. In The Areoplane Over The Sea - Neutral Milk Hotel

11. Acid Rap - Chance The Rapper

365 Albums in 365 Days

9. 'Pure Heroine' by Lorde (6th October 2014)

10. 'Resurrection' by New Found Glory (7th October 2014)

Lorde's album was great. I'd heard of her but never heard any of the songs so I didn't really know what to expect. I'd say it's a tad overproduced, but not to the level that it's uniqueness is gone. There's some really amazing songs on there that I'm 100% sure will be in regular rotation; particularly 'Tennis Court', 'Royal Blood' and 'Team'.

New Found Glory's latest effort was extremely samey, not just for NFG, but for the album itself. Every song could have pretty much merged into one another. Really disappointing. If I had to pick out the best song it'd be 'The Worst Person', but it's a very forgettable album and I'll be surprised if even that makes it into my regular rotation.

1. Royal Blood - Royal Blood. :(N): Sounds like QOTSA for the mall.

2. Weezer - Everything Will be Okay in the End. :(N): Not entirely terrible.

3. Ariana Grande - My Everything. :(N): Good voice, everything else mediocre.

4. Lorde - Pure Heroine. :(Y): I felt old listening to her, but I'd tell my niece to listen to her.

5. U2 - Songs of Innocence. :(N): uninspired, going through the motions.

6. Ty Segall - Manipulator. :(Y): The guy sounds like he has is having lots of fun.

7. Johnny Marr - Playland. :(N): Great guitars, everything else was meh.

Just noticed I described all three albums in my last update as 'solid', need some new vocabulary.

8. 'Uno!' by Green Day

9. 'Dos!' by Green Day

10. 'Tre!' by Green Day

12. 'Lateralus' by Tool

15. 'Avenged Sevenfold' by Avenged Sevenfold

16. 'All This Bad Blood' by Bastille

17. 'Only Revolutions' by Biffy Clyro

18. 'Infinity on High' by Fall Out Boy - Good album. Better than their next offering by a fair distance.

1. Arcade Fire - Reflektor

2. Modest Mouse - The Lonesome Crowded West
3. Bombay Bicycle Club - So Long, See You Tomorrow
4. Gorillaz - Demon Days
5. Eagles of Death Metal - Heart On
6. Lorde - Pure Heroine
7. Daft Punk - Random Access Memories
Haven't add much since the last update, guess the weekend is the best time for me.
8. Gnarls Barkley - St. Elsewhere
9. Childish Gambino - Because the Internet
10. Half-Japanese - Overjoyed
  • Really enjoyed St. Elsewhere, I think it's a very good album. I will give a listen to Green's stuff and the second album.
  • Because the Internet was also good, think the best songs are the singles and Flight of the Navigator
  • Never heard of Half-Japanese, a random band that I picked from 2014 albums. It turns out they have a bit of a reputation. Some of their stuff is decent, whilst the other half I don't have much time for. I will give a listen to their earlier stuff for a fair judgement.
Edited by Gorka

1. Cavalier Youth by You Me At Six

2. Vessel by Twenty One Pilots

3. Contra by Vampire Weekend

4. Blood Red Shoes (Self titled album)

5. Spreading Rumours by Grouplove

6. Kerrang! does American Idiot by Various Artists

7. Electogram by Vinyl Theatre- Fueled By Ramen's newest signing's debut album. First heard of them when it was announced that they were supporting Twenty One Pilots on tour and I've got to say, I really really like this album. Quite pop-rock esque and they do sort of remind me of the likes of New Politics and The Royal Concept. Speaking of the Royal Concept...

8. Goldrushed by The Royal Concept- Swedish Indie Rock, lovely stuff. I had heard some of their stuff previously so made an effort to see them at Reading (their first ever UK show) and they didn't disappoint. The album's never been released here but it is available on Youtube, well worth a listen to.

8. 'Uno!' by Green Day

9. 'Dos!' by Green Day

10. 'Tre!' by Green Day

12. 'Lateralus' by Tool

15. 'Avenged Sevenfold' by Avenged Sevenfold

16. 'All This Bad Blood' by Bastille

17. 'Only Revolutions' by Biffy Clyro

18. 'Infinity on High' by Fall Out Boy

19. 'Pure Heroine' by Lorde - Purely because a lot of you have listened to it, it's not really my type of thing. Surprisingly, I found it not horrible, and would recommend it to somebody more into the genre.

So, that's 19 in four days, and I'm half way through album 20, which I'll edit in afterward :shifty: Think I need to slow down or I'll actually finish this in February like I'd joked.

EDIT: 20. 'The Seldom Seen Kid' by Elbow - Really good album, saw these live in February and they do a cracking live show too. Grounds For Divorce and One Day Like This are massive tunes.

365 Albums in 365 Days

9. 'Pure Heroine' by Lorde (6th October 2014)

10. 'Resurrection' by New Found Glory (7th October 2014)

11. 'The Hunting Party' by Linkin Park (8th October 2014)

Linkin Park try to go "back to their roots" and it just doesn't work, in fact it sounds even less like their roots than their last few albums. They'd made great strides growing, and this is the first time I can recall that I feel like saying they've regressed as a band. It almost feels like they're stuck somewhere between a mid-life crisis and teenage angst, and are second guessing their life/musical decisions in all the wrong ways.

It's not a bad album in that it didn't make me want to turn it off, but nothing about it stands out and I don't care to listen to it again. 'Final Masquerade' was the only stand out track, and I couldn't even name another track for good nor bad; it was just so middle of the road.

I read about the album after listening and Shinoda supposedly spoke to Rick Rubin and originally wrote a more 'poppy' album that he scrapped in favour of this and then wound up not sticking with Rubin. I obviously can't hear that first album, but I am pretty sure he should've stayed with his first instincts.

Conversely, I loved The Hunting Party and thought it was a big step up from Living Things. Don't know if that's just me, but I just never really 'got' most of the songs on LT, whilst I really like the slightly more aggressive take on THP.

Personal rankings for their discography:

Hybrid Theory > Meteora > The Hunting Party > A Thousand Suns (full album) > Minutes to Midnight > A Thousand Suns (individual) > Living Things

That'll probably shuffle around a lot as I finish their discography off for this list though. HT and Meteora swap a lot depending on what mood I'm in, and MTM occasionally creeps up.

Alright, here we go:

365 Albums, 365 Days

*Albums that I end up really enjoying and saving to my Spotify account will be fully bolded, comments only on new additions.

1. Kid A (2000) by Radiohead. October 7th, 2014
To start off here, I decided to go to the Rolling Stone Top 200 list - because there are bound to be a lot of albums that I have always meant to listen to, but never got around to on it. Entry one really doesn't disappoint in that regard because the only Radiohead song I could quote you right out the gates is Karma Police. I was kind of into this, but if I'm going to listen to something really atmospheric I am more likely to go with something like Boards of Canada - but still enjoyable.

2. Is This It (2001) by The Strokes. October 7th, 2014
I'll admit once again to my ignorance - I remember Last Nite but aside from that I didn't pay all that much attention to The Strokes growing up. I really liked this! I kind of wrote off a lot of the bands like The Strokes that - to me on the surface - seemed generic. Added this one to my collection and I'll probably put it on when the mood strikes me later.

3. The Blueprint (2001) by Jay-Z. October 7th, 2014
Been listening to a lot of hip-hop recently so I didn't mind such an extreme change from the last two - I've been listening to The Blueprint 3 and this certainly feels a lot more... 2001 than it. Pretty good.

4. Elephant (2003) by The White Stripes. October 8th, 2014
Not going to lie, I wasn't really looking forward to this one as much as I wanted to try. Which is a shame because I know a lot of people never stop raving about them... but I just can't get into the overblown sound and vocals. I had to give up about 3/4 of the way through since I had heard some at the end of the album before and I knew it just wasn't going to get any better for me.

5. New Wave (2007) by Against Me!. October 8th, 2014
On that note I decided to take a break from the lists and give an album that I only knew one song from. Man, I am glad that I did this - New Wave is going to be the second album that I save to listen to later because it's got some really awesome tracks on it aside from Thrash Unreal like Stop! and Borne On The FM Waves Of The Heart that I can really get behind. There will likely be some more Against Me on here by the end of the 365 albums.