The Animation Thread

Benji

Yes, I'm bored today and am making threads.

I don't know about you guys but I fucking love animated shows. From as early as I can remember they've been my favourite shows, and it's rare a new relatively significant one comes out that I don't even give a chance to. I figured we have an anime thread so why not have one for good old standard animated shows/films.

I do have another more sinister reason for posting this. This is also serving as a reminder that Avatar: Legend of Korra Season 4 Episode 1 will be up on Nick's website today, and I'd like as many people as possible to watch it since it getting views on their site could be the difference between another Avatar series happening and this being the final season of anything in that universe.

If you've never seen an episode of Avatar (Last Airbender or Korra), I highly recommend it. What you might dismiss as a kids show is actually one of the most well written shows I've ever had the pleasure of watching, animated or otherwise. It has humour and drama in abundance, fantastic character development from the offset, and has a universe that you'll come to see isn't quite like anything else you'll see on TV.

I'm waiting to get all Korra blu-rays to re-watch Avatar and then, finally, watch Korra. I do love me some Avatar and, although I haven't watched a single episode of Korra yet, everything I've heard makes it seem like it's great as well, and since I collect DVDs and blu-rays... Yeah, I'll wait and watch everything in sequence, though I came this close to put the Avatar DVDs on after watching the past week and the week before's episodes of the Nostalgia Critic.