Shadow of Mordor

Paton

Now that this game has hit the consoles and with a few hours under my belt I wasn't sure if this warrants it's own topic, however I couldn't see a specific topic for this game. I've really enjoyed playing it and I wanted to get your thoughts about this game. It seems to become repetitive at times and that's when I usually step back and take a few days break from it. Grinding through kills and running to point A only to be told that the guy I'm looking for is at point B, is irritating but classic in these types of games.

So, what're your thoughts? Like/Dislike about the game? Improvements? Stories to tell?

Discuss!

Really enjoying the game...decided to take out two Warchiefs last night before going to bed. Managed to have one warchief who: a) had a bodyguard who could be killed instantly with a headshot and b) who, himself, could be taken out instantly with a stealth kill. Was pretty easy, even in the middle of the stronghold.

Stealth kills are the ones I find most irritating on Warchiefs and Captains, mostly because as I sneak up behind him, one of his minions will get alerted and he'll turn around and attack me, meaning I have to either run off, wait for the alert symbol to turn yellow, and then try again, or just kick his ass the old fashioned way.

Though now that I can tame Graugs, I'm quite fond of using them to do my killing.

Stealth kills are the ones I find most irritating on Warchiefs and Captains, mostly because as I sneak up behind him, one of his minions will get alerted and he'll turn around and attack me, meaning I have to either run off, wait for the alert symbol to turn yellow, and then try again, or just kick his ass the old fashioned way.

Though now that I can tame Graugs, I'm quite fond of using them to do my killing.

Sneak up behind them? Pff. Death from above. Make sure to do a brutalize kill to show everyone who is boss.

Love it to bits, doing pretty much all of the side stuff which is weird for me. All I've got left is like, two dagger missions, a sword mission and the outcast missions.

I'm also doing the side-stuff and the collectables...any time that they pop up on the map and I'm not in immediate danger, I go for it.

Sneak up behind them? Pff. Death from above. Make sure to do a brutalize kill to show everyone who is boss.

I do tend to do that when I remember that I can, diving down and ripping them to pieces with a knife is super satisfying. I have tons of side stuff left to do though, gonna get a fair bit of mileage out of this game.

For me it's mostly played like I play AC. Play a couple of hours, get distracted by combat and collecting stuff, then kinda get bored and repeat it the next day.

Knowing AC, I won't ever finish this game because I will turn myself off of the game doing all the side stuff first...

Combat is delightful though, the executions are gruesome and are well done. And I really love hunting down the warchiefs and captains.

• Like 1

Completed it on Tuesday. Great game and a fantastic proof of concept that will undoubtedly be iterated on in the future ad nauseum. Can't help but feel that it's missing something though, perhaps that's just me being greedy and wanting more from the game - but I feel the nemesis system could be improved by adding one extra layer of heirarchy to it. The bosses are also hilariously awful.