I'm still reading about people complaining on the 2k forums about it. I just can play: MyGM/MyLeague/MyCareer offline. MyTeam/MyPark/2KSHOW/MyCareerOnline is unreachable. My SG is on there!

Playing MyGM with the Bucks, second game right now. I got Klay Thompson and lost some big contracts. Can't get rid of Pachulia though. I like my starting 5 so far. My bench is alright aswel.

PG: Knight

SG: Thompson

SF: Parker

PF: Henson

C: Sanders

6th: Greek Freak

Rest: Middleton, Turner, Wolters, Pachulia

Playing as the Celtics, sent Rondo to Washington for John Wall who is lighting it up over the first four games. As is everyone else on offense, starting Smart at SG and its wonderful. However, my defense is woeful and despite scoring over 100 in three of four games, ive lost all four. Loving it though.

Im a masochist, so I picked the Utah Jazz to start my MyGM career with.

In the first game disaster struck where Kanter broke his ankle and is out for the first 8 weeks of the season. The head coach suggested I should get Andrew Bynum, and I begrudgingly got him on a 1 year 5M deal. The worst part is, Rudy Gobert has been outworking him and is in and out of the lineup.

I also did a trade of Ian Clark, Carrick Felix, and Steve Novak for Marco Belinelli, and Austin Daye. Daye is a backup and will be gone asap. Belinelli has become my 6th man though, and his shooting touch is helping the team not be completely shit.

As with all small teams, my defense is completely atrocious and I get murdered. 3-6 after 9 games, and I lost all my four home games. Which isn't great, because I need to win 18 games at home.

I also picked up Nazr Mohammed as a defensive addition, and he's been adequate.

My Current Lineup is as following:

PG: Dante Exum (74) (Will get his first start against the Knicks)

SG: Alec Burks (76)
SF: Gordon Hayward (79)

PF: Derrick Favors (78)

C: Rudy Gobert (71)

6th Man: Marco Belinelli (75)

Other Guys: Trey Burke (75), Andy Bynum (73), Rodney Hood (71), Nazr Mohammed (70),

Reserves: Jeremy Evans (70), Austin Daye (67), Trevor Booker (74) (inj), Enes Kanter (75) (inj)

Chris Singleton is a free agent and he's rated as a interior defender. C inside Defense, B- Perimeter Defense. 24 years old, but he has D+ potential...

Peyton Siva is 24, has B- potential, C+ perimeter Defense, and has 3* Athleticism. So he could be a fast sparkplug PG who you can personal train into a better defender.

Non Free Agent ''top'' defenders (that aren't impossible to get) are...

PG - Elfrid Payton - Magic - 74ovr - B+ perimeter - C- Potential

PG - Marcus Smart - Boston - 77ovr - B+ Perimeter - B Potential

C - Bismack Biyombo - Hornets - 73ovr - B+ Inside - D- potential

But in general, great defenders are hard to come by, so you should seek them out, and keep them in the team. Great shooters are reasonably common, Great defenders are total gems you need to lock up for a long long time.

Also a suggestion, get rid of Sanders. He might be 79 overall, and a great rebounder. But he's on a 4 year 44M deal, that's superstar money for a player that delivers roleplayer results. If you can trade him for something cheaper, you'll be better off. You're rebuilding, so focus on grabbing a few good kids and effective roleplayers to build around KlayBari.

Edited by Jasonmufc
  • Like 1

I just had my sweetest win of the season.

Went up against the Knicks, Exum got his first start of the season.

From early on Melo went on a scoring spree, and he finished the 2nd half off with 14 points and caused havoc on our defense. If he wasn't scoring, he'd pull defenders away for a guy like Amare to score.

But despite our woes on defense, we managed to claw back with Hayward doing everything Melo was doing, but with more presence on defense. And as the game went on, and we stuck around, Melo begun to crack under the pressure of having to carry the entire team.

In the second half Belinelli also got more time, and he went on a hot streak that essentially got us the game. Scoring 17 points and scoring all three of his three pointers when it mattered.

And in the final quarter the Knicks fell apart, our biggest lead being 15 before we went into time-waste in the final two minutes. Our 10/12 FT and 6/13 3pt being too much for the Knicks to handle, who only went 1/11 from long range.

So we won 100-96 away from home, in one of the hardest games I have ever played. For most of the first half I felt like I was going to get blown out, but once I got the hang of defending Melo and also abusing the shoddy defense from Melo I started to edge them.

My bench as always stacked the deck, and Belinelli is simply a beast when he gets open shots and a bit of luck. Hayward is a poor man's superstar, and if he can develop into a more skilled forward he can become the star of the team.

For some reason I am absolutely shit with scoring PG's though. Their assist totals are more than good, but the field goal percentage are piss poor as I simply cannot break my defender down, and if I do my guy misses it from pathetic ranges.

Also Rudy Gobert, that lanky 7ft1 center somehow outperforms Bynum every game. And I am starting to love his game more and more, he's hustled his way onto my project-list.

I can't settle on a franchise team. I've tried the Celtics, Lakers, Bulls and Pistons so far.

I might just accept losing all season and go with the worst team I can find and try to build through the draft.

The most talented team in the game right now is probably the Pelicans. They have Monobrow as the star, then you got Holiday/Gordon/Tyreke in there who can score like madmen.

Ryan Anderson is a poor man's Dirk stretch-4 who can shoot lights out on a good night. Omer Asik is a strong defender too.

Then the bench comprises of hit and miss talent in Salmons, Rivers, and Fredette.

With all these guys you can easily build a title contender in quick time. you got great shooters, great inside guys, and generally all round studs.

If you want something more of a project team these are pretty fun.

Utah Jazz, Magic, Raptors, Suns (and their 50 point guards), T-Wolves, 76ers, Bucks, Hawks

So, I've started a game next to the Bucks game with the Suns and I've decided to just trade some stuff and see what I can get and I ended up with Wiggins and Westbrook.

That sounds like the good old NBA 2k13 style of trading. Ridding yourself of average talent and ending up with big time talent in 4-5 trades.

And I still have the Lakers pick from this season. I just had to do it.

Westbrook - Dragic (little brother) - Wiggins - Morris - Plumlee

Thomas - Ennis - P.J Tucker - Warren - Len

Goodwin - Muhammad - Tolliver.

I think I might be able to at least reach the play offs.

I got to the offseason and signed with the Sixers. First few games have been rough, I think I'm 3-4 right now, but it's still pretty cool.

There was a fun story at the end of the first season where Channing Frye looked at my cell phone in the locker room (spying bastard) and it got out to the media that I planned to leave

Vintage~! Rudy Gobert posterizing Anthony Davis... Wait, shouldn't that be the other way around?

Nope...

1MgrQIs.png

And if it looks like he's standing on his tippy toes, it might be. Dude is 7ft2, lanky ass hell and throwing an alley-oop to him bugs out the catch/dunk animation. He's amazing in the pick and roll with Exum/Burks/Burke being the roll man.

Edited by Jasonmufc

Made it through my first month with the Jazz. And our record has been amazing throughout.

In 17 matches we have gotten a phenomenal record of 4 wins, and 13 losses. And we're on a streak of 7 losses. Our home record is 0-8. Our Conference record 1-9

Our sole four wins were October 30 90-83 Vs. Mavericks - November 9 97-92 Vs. Pistons - November 10 117-109 Vs. Pacers - November 14 100-96 Vs. Knicks.

Since the 14th of November we haven't won a single game, we've gotten close only once and that was the last game we lost in the final two minutes against the Clippers 103-110, but Blake/Paul took it home in the stretch.

The 6 other losses in this losing stretch have all been blowouts, including an 71-102 murdering by the Bulls at home.

Needless to say, we're well underway to another lottery pick which is a good thing I guess because we need talent bad. We got a team of supplementary pieces, but none of the players are really fit to carry a game on their backs when it matters. Hayward is leading with 16.1PPG, Burks 14.6PPG, and Belinelli 11.2PPG. But those are my only players that are averaging double digits.

To make matters even worse, the injury bug hit early and pretty hard. Enes Kanter got injured in the first game, and is still 1-2 weeks away from returning to the court. Travis Booker has a severe ankle sprain and needs 2-4 weeks. Derrick Favors is day-to-day with a pinched nerve. And worst of all Dante Exum is 4-6 weeks also with a pinched nerve.

So all in all, it looked decent in the first few weeks, then it all went down the shitter big time and the schedule won't do us any favors in December. 5 could-wins in a 15 game month, so we're not gonna get close to the owner goal of 18 home wins this month.

I've also tried to shop around a few players, to somehow get a lucky break. But other than trading away ALL of my ''stars'', I can't get a deal done to save my life. I either have to give up a strong draft pick, or multiple good players for a single talented guy, which isn't gonna help me. I also got a couple of talented guys on expiring deals, and none are really inclining to stay on this ship. The biggest names of those are Kanter, Burks, and Belinelli.

And topping all those woes off, the team is expected to have a deficit of around 4M at the end of this year.

Lineup:

PG: Trey Burke (76)

SG: Alec Burks (77)

SF: Gordon Hayward (80)

PF: Derrick Favors (74)

C: Andy Bynum (73)

6: Marco Belinelli (76)

Bench:

Rudy Gobert (72)

Rodney Hood (71)

Nazr Mohammed (71)

Jeremy Evans (70)

Res/Injury:

Trevor Booker (70) inj

Dante Exum (67) inj

Ene Kanter (68) inj

Austin Daye (67) res

Matt Carroll (63) res

But even with all these woes, I'm loving the game more than ever. Every game is a challenge to upset the odds, and despite frustrations it feels good to not dominate every game and have the game be too easy for me. I like a challenge, and I'll be a better player if I can make this team better.

Finally I will leave you with this...

2195d3796589e7238522814d2b7b6fed.png

Now with the Bulls in the second season life is incredibly easier...either just drive to the basket for easy lay up...if the defence collapses in pass to D-Rose for easy 3 and assist....or drive and dish to Noah for easy 2 if the centre gets fresh. Hinrich can piss off though