The Flash

TKz

Popular theory going around about the end of the episode:

Iris isn't dead. HR used his image inducer to switch places, and sacrificed himself.

I don't know if I buy it, but it would be an interesting swerve.

6 hours ago, Benji said:

God damn, it's still like 2 or 3 weeks away over here and I want to see what you guys are talking about :(

It should be on the CW's website right now.

So here's a thing they should have explained away this episode but didn't. Spoilers.

Spoiler

Why Earth 2?! Why the earth without even a proper Flash. Fucking take her to Supergirl's earth. That's better protection than Wally and Jesse put together.

6 hours ago, =BK= said:

So here's a thing they should have explained away this episode but didn't. Spoilers.

Hide contents

Why Earth 2?! Why the earth without even a proper Flash. Fucking take her to Supergirl's earth. That's better protection than Wally and Jesse put together.

OR better yet...

Hey Lyla...your building has a power dampener.  Can Iris spend the night?

11 hours ago, =BK= said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Probaly to reintroduce Earth-2 Wells to the show, IF the theory about H.R. sacrificing himself is true.

5 hours ago, Lint said:

OR better yet...

Reveal hidden contents

Hey Lyla...your building has a power dampener.  Can Iris spend the night?

Spoiler

I think it wouldn't work, because of the same reasons that the speed bazooka didn't work.

19 minutes ago, Tkasto said:
  Reveal hidden contents
  Hide contents

I think it wouldn't work, because of the same reasons that the speed bazooka didn't work.

Oh...right..

P8tJImV.gif

Because...seriously...

Barry says "Ok Cisco, take Iris to another Earth.  Don't tell me where until we're 100% sure Savitar is defeated."  Its seriously such an easy solution to "Iris dies at this point", I'm really wondering by "genius Cicso" or even "Ideaman HR" hasn't come up with it yet

• Like 1

There's about a thousand things they could do to prevent Barry from killing Cisco. It looks like it's just been a piss-poor season for me, especially with moody Barry.

Spoiler

And now there's two of them, and one of them is supposed sinister Barry!

Any saving grace the musical episode gave this show is lost for me. 

I think I'm about done with the series for awhile, depending on what happens in the finale.

This episode wasn't bad but I have a feeling it won't matter in a week.

Edited by livid

The season wasn't bad , is just that the 3rd big villain in a row being a speedster put off a lot of people......and having to fill the time untill the night Iris died in the future feels like a lot of draging....I will like a whole Savitar becoming Savitar episode instead of the quick explanation they give us...but other than that It was good....not season one good...but good.

This season hasn't been *terrible* but I don't know if it's just that my patience for 22 episode season is waning or what but it's hard not to feel like they're just spinning their wheels for 80% of the season. Which can work if what they're doing is interesting but it's been paced fairly poorly to me and ultimately the filler hasn't been as entertaining as in year's past.

I'll probably be back next season (it usually takes me awhile to actually decide to drop something), I'm just frustrated by this season. Either way, the show is dire need of a shakeup structurally.

Edited by livid

I just wish they'd stop the whole "We can't keep secrets from each other..." Then 10 minutes later "I totally have to keep this a secret from the team"

I gotta say for all the crap gave the last few weeks, felt this week really redeemed the show. There were a few points it didnt stay solid good to great, but really ended on a good note I felt. Unsure where next seasons gonna start now so really interested to see where it is taken.

Lol, the last five minutes of the finale was utter bullshit. Everything in between was convoluted and unnecessary, most of the time, but at least the action was fun and I think the emotional beats landed fairly well. 

But oh my god, that fucking finale cliffhanger can go to hell. So magnificently stupid.

Spoiler

Why didn't Barry just create a time remnant to send into the Speed Force as well? It would somehow be him playing with time and the speed force again? That didn't seem to be the problem when he created the time remnant to beat Zoom in season 2, there was no time consequences there. So stupid, how in 2 minutes, they went from planning the wedding to "I have to sacrifice myself because this needs some melodramatic nonsense that doesn't feel earned because he literally just redeemed himself by defeating Savitar". Plus, they should have just kept Jay in the Speed Force Prison or whatever the fuck it was, since when he came out, he did fuck all. 

I really, really hate this stupid ending.

Oh, and the Killer Frost stuff was really good, though. Major props for that.

Benjamin, I wholeheartedly agree 150% with everything you said. And

If this means Wally is the Flash next season, I'll probably quit watching until Barry returns. I like Wally, but I watch the show for Barry, not him.

So many people called H..R. replacing Iris using the image inducer that its not funny. Heidi and I both did, in fact.

I chuckled at the Doctor Who reference. :)

7 hours ago, Benjamin said:

Lol, the last five minutes of the finale was utter bullshit. Everything in between was convoluted and unnecessary, most of the time, but at least the action was fun and I think the emotional beats landed fairly well. 

But oh my god, that fucking finale cliffhanger can go to hell. So magnificently stupid.

Hide contents

Why didn't Barry just create a time remnant to send into the Speed Force as well? It would somehow be him playing with time and the speed force again? That didn't seem to be the problem when he created the time remnant to beat Zoom in season 2, there was no time consequences there. So stupid, how in 2 minutes, they went from planning the wedding to "I have to sacrifice myself because this needs some melodramatic nonsense that doesn't feel earned because he literally just redeemed himself by defeating Savitar". Plus, they should have just kept Jay in the Speed Force Prison or whatever the fuck it was, since when he came out, he did fuck all. 

I really, really hate this stupid ending.

Oh, and the Killer Frost stuff was really good, though. Major props for that.

Spoiler

Umm. That would go against the whole lesson of the arc. Time remnants are real, loving, breathing people and shouldn't be treated like disposable tools to solve a problem less they become the problem.

Keeping Jay in would be cruel because

A. He did nothing wrong and has done nothing but be a real hero since they saved him from Zoom.

B. Barry promised to get him out.

Spoiler

Yeah, except this time remnant Barry wouldn't have become the problem because he didn't lose Iris and get abandoned, etc etc, he would be doing it willingly. Like how time remnant Barry willingly died when they were fighting Zoom. Also they're not really real as much as they seem to be aberrations of some kind, since the stupid zombie Flash came for Savitar (and was defeated hilariously easily).

Spoiler

"Hey Barry III, get in the hellish Speed force hole that made Barry II lose even more of his marbles and hold it together for the rest of time so I can keep happily boning my/your/our fiancé and having Team Flash adventures for the rest of my life. Tell fake Speed Force mom I said hi."

Totally not going to create Savitar 2.0 that way.

• Like 1