The Flash

TKz

I just figure we've got enough watchers and the show is good enough that it could do with it's own topic.

Another amazing episode, I'd argue it was even better than the premiere. The fight with Multiplex was great and the twist ending was awesome. I fucking love Harrison Wells. Tom Cavanagh is killing it in that role and I'm so happy to have him on TV on a show I really like. Him cleaning up messes for Flash that would go on to cause him problems is wonderful. It's fairly refreshing for someone to take a "fuck the time stream continuity" approach to things too.

We're two episodes in and this is already one of my new all time favorites. Iris is probably the only weak point, because thus far she really only exists for Barry to fawn over and get jealous about. She's not a bad character, they're just not giving her anything to do yet.

Can't wait for Captain Cold and The Rogues!

• Like 1

They're hitting all the right notes. Episode two even improved Cisco's dialogue, which was one of the few parts of the pilot that wasn't really working for me.

Yeah, he was awkward at times, but he's getting into a flow now. I'm pretty good with his character mostly existing to give the villains of the week their comic names for now though.

Excellent. It will keep me from spoiling it for myself because when I can't figure out someone's story I have a tendency to google it and then it spoils some of the show. I like how they're kind of playing the line because he's doing things for The Flash but they're definitely things that Barry would not agree with at all.

On the subject of Iris, while I agree with Tkz that she hasn't been given much except the best friend that's always right and the love interest of the main character, it seems that she's going to be the one mainly looking into who the Flash is, so I guess that's going to be her major story for this season at least. She looks like she might become an amalgam of Lana and Chloe (or is it just Chloe? I don't actually remember how Smallville started), but she's definitely going to be a damsel in distress more than once this season, I think.

I hate Iris because she is every previous non-super female on a TV show since Smallville or the Toby McGuire Spiderman.

Girl who pines after the masked superhero... who she already knows!!~~~!

I wish Iris took any class other than journalism because it is so forced.

Actually, the two women on this show are anti-Felicities... whereas she was amazing from the outset, Iris and Caitlin as beyond bland.

Also, I am not sold on Tom Cavanagh. It might be the horrible ads he made in Canada for CIBC or something else but I am not buying his current act. The first episode 'Wun Bawwy wun.' Set my teeth on edge.

Still, I want to like this show.

I hate Iris because she is every previous non-super female on a TV show since Smallville or the Toby McGuire Spiderman.

Girl who pines after the masked superhero... who she already knows!!~~~!

I wish Iris took any class other than journalism because it is so forced.

Actually, the two women on this show are anti-Felicities... whereas she was amazing from the outset, Iris and Caitlin as beyond bland.

Also, I am not sold on Tom Cavanagh. It might be the horrible ads he made in Canada for CIBC or something else but I am not buying his current act. The first episode 'Wun Bawwy wun.' Set my teeth on edge.

Still, I want to like this show.

Wha? Forced? Iris is a character from the comics that's always been a journalist.

I never read the comics but she's Lois Lane, Smallville's Chloe AND Lana and Lois, Arrow's Laurel, just another journalist fangirl and I can't stand it.

It may be true to the comics but it makes for dire television.

How do you know? The extent of mentioning her as being a journalism major was the B-plot in the second episode of the show. Who knows what the future holds.

I knew almost nothing of The Flash before watching this - I rather loved it. The "superhero and his love interest" segments well.. I just incrementally skipped over like I do in just about any show, and the rest of it was golden. I even wrongfully assumed the villian character was Captain Cold due to it being a snow storm in the bank - but when he started having the revelation that he was god, etc I decided to look him up and see that most people are saying he's a carnation of the Weather Wizard?

Either way, I think it was a smart way to do it. Does Arrow....

Kill off people that quickly? Just seemed off.. but it kind of fits the tone of the show I guess.