The Flash

TKz

Do you mean NimbMist or Firestorm? I actually think the way they are doing things is pretty savvy, not throwing anyone too big or too bad at Flash yet. Let him find his footing. I would like to see him starting to take, at the very least, some police training from Joe as he realizes 'running really fast' doesn't seem to solve every metahuman problem. Seems a natural progression and he has the resources right there.

I wasn't sold on Tom Cavanagh as Harrison Wells, it was how he said 'Wun Bawwy Wun' in the first episode, but he is winning me over... at least until

he organized the lightning strike on Barry... the intentional detonation of the particle accelerator I enjoyed however

The only truly weak note is Danielle Panabaker's wooden delivery. It is like she is reading cue cards just off screen.

Panabaker was the best she's been this week by far. And I mean Mist being boring, we haven't actually met Firestorm yet.

Perhaps, but that is as pretty low bar. Maybe she grows into it but her scenes are chores to get through, whereas the rest of the cast seems to have found a good grip on their characters straight away.

It was the wording of your previous post that confused me.

I liked Mist. A simple villain with a straight forward, simplistic revenge motif.

Also, the Ghostbusters Containment Unit for Metahumans should add for some tension.

You know, the last episode really confirmed that, akin to what Misfits did years back, meta-human powers are directly related to the lives of the people affected. Also, these people all have powers tied to the nature of their physical state prior to exposure. I can't wait to see some poor sod have the ability to control his mass because he was obese prior to the particle accelerator overload.

Not sure is this counts as maybe a future spoiler since it's a thought about someone's role in comics.

I wonder if Cisco will get powers and become Vibe at some point.

So Ronnie is indeed Firestorm, right? Were they actually engaged in the comics?

Great episode. I like that we're taking the time to explore The Flash character bit by bit before throwing him into some massive storyline.

Ronnie is part of Firestorm, yes. And no, they weren't engaged in the comics. Caitlyn is actually named after the third Killer Frost, so I wonder if she's going to become a villain eventually.....

Adding that I've seen all sorts of speculation regarding Harrison Wells, including that he's really one of the following:

Abra Kadabra, Rip Hunter, HG Wells or a descendant, Mopee (REALLY obscure one-shot character from an issue of The Flash published in 1967 who was tied to Barry gaining his powers then promptly forgotten about), or Pariah from Crisis On Infinite Earths. I'm surprised that no one's suggested that he's either a modern version of The Rival, or a descendant of Barry.

Edited by GhostMachine

Given that Caitlyn said she and Ronnie were like "Fire and Ice", I think they are hinting at the possibility of Killer Frost and Firestorm being a thing... it could be a red herring though. But when I heard her say that I was like... okay... either George RR Martin is on the writing staff OR... it is a tip of the hat to who these characters might become.

Plus with it being an Amell safe to say it isn't the last we've seen of Caitlyn's crispified fiancee.

With regards to Harrison Wells

I'm quite alright with him being a wholly new character. I like TV versions varying from the comics to keep new watchers and old readers guessing. If he is HG Wells I will find it hilarious and somewhat silly.

They ARE going to be doing Firestorm. Victor Garber is going to be playing Professor Martin Stein.

My guess is we get Firestorm around the season finale. The eighth episodes of Arrow and The Flash are going to be a crossover/team up, and I can't see them bringing in Firestorm prior to that.

Also, one more speculation I've heard about Wells:

Eddie is the Professor Zoom Reverse Flash, while Wells is the Hunter Zolomon version.

Personally, I don't buy it. I think Eddie is going to be a combination of both versions. It would be really lame for Wells to turn out to be a speedster.....

Edited by GhostMachine

I love Wentworth Miller, which means if you add him to this show it just makes the show that much better. Though watching it, all I could see him as was Michael Schofield and made me yearn to watch Prison Break again. The train scene was pretty awesome and the vacuum scene made me laugh. The ending was nice and it's starting to feel like we're going to start seeing a bigger story arc than just the villain of the week kind. That can't be Firestorm though can it? Also liked the little scene at the end with Felicity and Barry. It was so sad of a realization but it was done very well.

Spoilered for those who haven't seen tonights episode.

Yea, I loved Wentworth Miller as Captain Cold this week. Was glad to see a villain that was a regular human rather then meta-human. Plus glad they kept the cold puns to a minimum. It seems like the Felicity crossover was ment to be a ratings boost by bringing in the Arrow audience, but since the show has been very successful, it wasn't needed. Still was a good episode though!

Yea, I loved Wentworth Miller as Captain Cold this week. Was glad to see a villain that was a regular human rather then meta-human. Plus glad they kept the cold puns to a minimum. It seems like the Felicity crossover was ment to be a ratings boost by bringing in the Arrow audience, but since the show has been very successful, it wasn't needed. Still was a good episode though!

My favourite line wasn't even a cold pun but the coldly delivered "Don't push your luck" as he walked away from Cisco.

• Like 1

I find Wentwood Miller to be a terrible actor but yet as a one dimensional villain, it plays to his strengths.

(I loathed him in Prison Break, a show I never got more than 15 minutes into before rooting for all the inmates to be executed and he is not a good actor by any stretch, but give him some simplistic dialogue... and he's fine... he only won me over when he shot that smile at Cisco.)

I honestly went 'awwww' when Felicity and Barry had their moment on the train.