The Flash

TKz

20 hours ago, Benkid Nada said:

This week felt like a real placeholder of an episode. Guess they needed an extra episode.

Also, Jessie is such a shitty character. There's nothing about her to root for whatsoever, and the reveal about her was so damn forced.

I was really confused because all week I thought this the season finale. Then when I went to watch it and saw episode 19, I was even more confused. Then I was disappointed when I watched the show and thought "Wait, this is the cliffhanger they're going to leave us with this year?" Suffice to say, I was pleased to realize that this was not the season finale.

I agree with the Jessie sentiment. It just takes me back to Arrow and Felicity's bullshit with Oliver. Unfortunately I don't think we're going to get rid of the character for awhile now that she's back.

• 3 weeks later...

As much as I know it has to, I really don't want Zoom to leave the show. Teddy Sears is playing this role perfectly and he's such as an awesome bad guy. I just watched the trailer for the next episode and it gave me goosebumps. I can't believe this show can still give me goose bumps.

• Like 1

I genuinely think he's the best bad guy in a superhero TV show ever, I can't think of one off the top of my head who legitimately has so much presence and puts across such a feeling of genuinely awe-inspiring fear every single time he's on screen.

I know they can't keep doing it since they did it with Wells last season, but I hope they find a role for Sears next season. I'm still hoping/assuming the real Jay Garrick is him and he's the man in the iron mask, and the Jay we're seeing is actually the Jay from Earth-3/Crime Syndicate earth who took over Earth-2 Jay's life.

I think Sears has been awful as Zoom. Whenever the mask is off, his facial expressions are just painful to watch for me. Tom Cavanagh was such an amazing baddie last season, I was honestly praying for Zoom to not be Jay because the actor wasn't up to par.

yeah, uh, I kind of find Zoom to be really goofy when it's time for him to talk.

FLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASH. I. WANT. YOUR. SPEEEEEEEED, FLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASH.

He's definitely crazy menacing when in full costume but that's more production succeeding than Sears.

I love the way he talks, to be honest, and whilst I agree that the bulk of that is production, I think the delivery makes him feel more sinister. He's the fastest man alive, but he feels no need to rush terrorising people. I think Sears has done a great job playing the duality of fake Jay/Hunter too.

• Like 4

So regarding last nights episode

Spoiler

I was happy to see Black Siren for the episode as the baddie. Great one off villain for sure.

So does anyone have any idea how exactly Zoom was able to create a breach within the PD to escape the sound and save himself getting locked up somehow? That really threw me off.

Then the ending really set things off as Zoom captured Harry and says Flash before Barry suddenly bolts after him revealing himself to Wally now because of it all. The death of Harry flows well and I cant say I will miss the charachter honestly. Such a good episode that if next week wasnt the season finale I woulda been happy with this as the finale honestly.

7 hours ago, RoHitman Reigns said:

So regarding last nights episode

Hide contents

I was happy to see Black Siren for the episode as the baddie. Great one off villain for sure.

So does anyone have any idea how exactly Zoom was able to create a breach within the PD to escape the sound and save himself getting locked up somehow? That really threw me off.

Then the ending really set things off as Zoom captured Harry and says Flash before Barry suddenly bolts after him revealing himself to Wally now because of it all. The death of Harry flows well and I cant say I will miss the charachter honestly. Such a good episode that if next week wasnt the season finale I woulda been happy with this as the finale honestly.

before anyone gets confused, he means Henry

This weeks episode

Spoiler

This show just continues to get better. I'm amazed it took this long to kill Henry off, but much like Hitman, I'm not going to miss the character all that much. I liked him just for the homage, but he just seemed to be there in most episodes he was involved in. Zoom being able to punch a hole in the universe was pretty crazy. So was Cisco seeing Earth 2 crashing into Earth 1? Or was that just Earth 2 being destroyed?

Regarding Forky

Spoiler

E2s destruction is what was seen I believe as E1` was safe IIRC aside of Zoom.

So with Cisco having powers starting, I feel that will become an integral part of next seasons overall arching storyline, anyone else?

Edited by RoHitman Reigns

Spoiler

A prediction for the season's end and a piece about how I'd have it executed. I don't think Barry will kill Zoom, I think Zoom will end up trapped in the Speedforce. From there a few things can happen but I'd like something happy and he's what'd I have happen once he's in there.

Adult Hunter(Zoom) wakes up in his childhood room just like Barry did. He goes downstairs to the rooms where his dad killed his mom and it's empty. He looks into that next room for a moment before he turns his head and finds Barry standing there. He try's to do something but finds he has no speed. "Barry" reveals that he's the Speedforce taking the form Barry. it goes on to tell Hunter that it could torture him for abusing his speed powers but it won't. It then points out that Hunter's idea that Barry could have been like him is backwards and the truth is Hunter could have been like Barry if he had the same kind of family. Hunter argues a sec but Speedforce Barry just kinda nods his head at the room beside them. Hunter looks in and sees his parents hugging. They look up and spot him before Hunter's dad motions for him to join them. Cut back to Hunter with a stunned look on his face, cut to smiling Speedforce-Barry, cut back to Hunter who's now a kid again. He walks over and hugs his parents and the camera pulls out so we see the scene from right behind Barry.

And that's the end of the scene

Kirkland...

I like the idea of Zoom being trapped in the speed force. But....anything that gives Zoom even an inkling of happiness would be wrong, after all the crap he's done. I'd rather see him depowered, then tossed into Iron Heights, and end up in the same cell that Henry was imprisoned in.

• Like 1

I'm not sure how I feel about that ending.  

The ramifications are huge with Barry saving his mom for real this time, but I don't know if I like the direction this is going in.

Spoiler

Oh man, it's Flashpoint. I kinda like that but I really don't want more powerless Barry for any length of time. Also, an event like this has to change Arrow too. I feel like the big crossover is opening the next seasons.

My thoughts:

Barry just created a paradox. When he goes back to the future, no one will know who the Flash is (and is have never heard of, not as in his secret identity is safe), the other characters may not even know him, or will certainly have different relationships to him, since he won't have been raised by Joe. He'll probably have gone into a different line of work, so he'll never have experienced the accident that gave him powers.

TMITIM turning out to be the real Jay, and actually being Henry's doppelganger was cool, but I didn't like that the helmet actually was Hunter's after all. (The helmet belonging to Jay's father is why he wore it in the first place; wearing it as a memento of a madman who held you prisoner is a bit much) And while the real Jay's costume is closer to the comics, I kind of like the outfit Hunter wore while posing as him better.

3 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

My thoughts:

Hide contents

Barry just created a paradox. When he goes back to the future, no one will know who the Flash is (and is have never heard of, not as in his secret identity is safe), the other characters may not even know him, or will certainly have different relationships to him, since he won't have been raised by Joe. He'll probably have gone into a different line of work, so he'll never have experienced the accident that gave him powers.

TMITIM turning out to be the real Jay, and actually being Henry's doppelganger was cool, but I didn't like that the helmet actually was Hunter's after all. (The helmet belonging to Jay's father is why he wore it in the first place; wearing it as a memento of a madman who held you prisoner is a bit much) And while the real Jay's costume is closer to the comics, I kind of like the outfit Hunter wore while posing as him better.

Spoiler

Oh god no, I didn't think of that. I love Joe as Barry's Dad.

I'm intrigued by this Season Finale in that it leaves me with no idea where we're going from here. They could go down so many routes and that's the kind of cliffhanger every season finale should have. I do hate that we have to wait months before the next season.