The Flash

TKz

How is this show so good every week? Loved it, Wentworth was amazing as Captain Cold and it looks like we're getting a similar situation to Arrow Season 2, with Argus being the sub plot and Slade being the main villain. I'm guessing here we're going to see Captain Cold and The Rouges as the sub plot and Harrison Wells - Time Traveler will pay off as the main plot.

Also, it wasn't Firestorm he was talking to at the end, it was Heat Wave.

You think that'll get confusing, you should see the list of ice powered villains in the comics...

How is this show so good every week? Loved it, Wentworth was amazing as Captain Cold and it looks like we're getting a similar situation to Arrow Season 2, with Argus being the sub plot and Slade being the main villain. I'm guessing here we're going to see Captain Cold and The Rouges as the sub plot and Harrison Wells - Time Traveler will pay off as the main plot.

Also, it wasn't Firestorm he was talking to at the end, it was Heat Wave.

You think that'll get confusing, you should see the list of ice powered villains in the comics...

Part of me is hoping for a Batman cameo because Captain Cold recruits Mister Freeze.

Just watched the pilot (interrupted midway by Doctor Who). Man, this show really hit the ground running, huh?

I'll see myself out.

My friend watched it recently. His test was

"If you ask me, The Flash felt...

david-caruso-0409-lg.jpg

...rushed"

• 2 weeks later...

Watched the third episode last night with the gas man, interesting to see the back stories, but probably the weakest of the first three eps. Not particularly digging the cold lady (I forget her name) and the Barry/love interest stuff is already tired, but still enjoying the show overall, and intrigued as to how or whether they plan to drag out the Crisis arc.

Latest episode spoilers:

So do we think that Dr. Wells could be the one who killed Barry's parents? What's the motive? Cisco's reaction to the Superman Punch was awesome. His character is really endearing and amuses me a lot throughout the show. He's such a fanboy.

• Like 1

Latest episode spoilers:

So do we think that Dr. Wells could be the one who killed Barry's parents? What's the motive? Cisco's reaction to the Superman Punch was awesome. His character is really endearing and amuses me a lot throughout the show. He's such a fanboy.

Pretty sure it was already established for a while that Wells is the one who killed Barry's mum. That was an awesome ending, by the way. Still not as fun as Grodd, though. When are we getting Grodd

:(

Latest episode spoilers:

Pretty sure it was already established for a while that Wells is the one who killed Barry's mum. That was an awesome ending, by the way. Still not as fun as Grodd, though. When are we getting Grodd

:(

I'm pretty sure it's a red herring. They've made it a point to underline that he can't be trusted and that he has an ulterior motive but I think it's unrelated to the death of Barry's mother. Compounded with the fact that they have not characterized Eddie as anything other than nice enough boyfriend guy, makes me believe they're waiting to delve into his character a bit more once his true colors (pun intended - heh) are revealed.

About this weeks episode

No, I don't think Wells had anything to do with Barrys mothers death. Why would he have pushed hard to Jesse L. Martin to drop his investigation into it, make it seem like there couldn't have been another speedster back then, only to appear to him later on in the episode as said speedster?

Also..Good Guy Amell

In an on-camera interview with AMC Movie News, Arrow's main actor Stephen Amell opened up about the way Warner Bros. dumped a bunch of movie DC movie news right on top of the release of The Flash TV series. You can watch his reaction in the clip above, but we've also transcribed some of it here. We kind of agree with him.

"I thought that the way that Warner Bros. announced the slate of DC movies could have been handled better. I think someone like Grant Gustin, who has just launched an iconic character like the Flash, to record breaking numbers. Numbers that far surpassed Arrow's numbers… All that being said, I think that he should have been given a wider berth than two episodes before another actor was announced to play his character... That's because I'm protective of Grant. And that's because I think that producing 23 episodes of superhero television is more difficult than producing a feature film. And it's 23 episodes again, and again, and again. And as Peter Roth says "for 12 years oh god."

I've never seen a need for the television side and the feature side to crossover. This is nothing that I haven't said before, I'm pretty sure. I'm sure that Ezra Miller will do great as the Flash. And if they found a great Oliver Queen, fantastic.

I've had some great chats with people at Warner Bros. Again I thought that the whole timing of the announcement… The most important day that you can ever have as a television show, is when your ratings come out for your second episode. Not your first episode because anybody can be trained to watch a pilot. It's the people that come back when they haven't been inundated with advertisement and they decide, "I watched the show a week ago, I'm going to watch it agin because I enjoyed myself the week before." The call that I got from Peter Roth (who runs Warner Bros. television) the enthusiastic call came after episode one. And then the absolute, awesome "let's go 12 years baby," call came after episode two. I thought that it was shitty that all of this stuff the morning of the spectacular ratings of the second episodes of the Flash came in.

I personally don't see the need for Arrow or Flash feature films if the shows are still running or haven't been off the air long by then. And I'm sorry, but Ezra Miller is a crappy choice for The Flash. How about making the Flash a new character instead of Barry Allen, or actually casting an actor who looks somewhat like Barry, since they didn't do that for the show? (Eddie looks more like Barry than Barry)

A lot of people seem to care that the Human Torch is going to be African-American in the Fantastic Four reboot. Though that could be because Johnny and Sue are blood relatives, and Sue is still going to be white.

And if nobody cares, then lets recast Bruce Wayne as a heavily tattooed Asian, Steve Rogers as a green-eyed ginger and Bruce Banner as a male fashion model..

Edited by GhostMachine

A lot of people seem to care that the Human Torch is going to be African-American in the Fantastic Four reboot. Though that could be because Johnny and Sue are blood relatives, and Sue is still going to be white.

And if nobody cares, then lets recast Bruce Wayne as a heavily tattooed Asian, Steve Rogers as a green-eyed ginger and Bruce Banner as a male fashion model..

The reboot has Sue adopted, or a step child, I can't remember which