Sunset Overdrive

Dan

Sunset Overdrive is out tomorrow! I played a little bit of it at EGX and it was really cool, but it was a small set-up demo of the game so couldn't really get too much of a feel for it.

Luckily it's reviewing really well (from r/xboxone):

I'm thinking of selling Destiny and getting the digital version of this. Decisions, decisions.

Yea, kinda talked myself out of getting it straight off the bat but it's great to hear it getting a lot of positivity. Was kinda worried it might not live up to the hype, recall seeing a few stories of people who had played previews not being impressed by it. Looking forward to picking it up down the line.

I think a lot of it comes down to the gunplay being really arcadey. Crazy weapons look fun, but it doesn't seem like there's a lot of weight to it. Personally I can enjoy a good arcade style shooter, but as Dark Souls has shown, a lot of people like their combat and weapons to have some weight and feedback to them.

Ha, I didn't know people took Kotaku seriously anymore. Garbage site not worth much. Metacritic is the be all end all for me. It's an 82 currently based on 62 reviewers.

There's always one reviewer for everything that wants to be the one person to shit on something. I saw a review for Guardians of the Galaxy that rated it as a 3 and said it was a horrid movie. Come on now.

Same goes for Alien Isolation. IGN gave it a 5.9 or something. That's ridiculous considering they rated Evil Within like an 8 despite Alien being the superior game. Don't let one bad review dissuade you. The humor is great and the music is implemented amazingly. Check it out for yourself, its worth it.

This is the game Crackdown should've been. I too was worried about the humor, thinking it'd be a somehow even more stupid version of Saints Row, but it's pretty damn funny so far. I'm kinda over the whole "meta" thing in any sort of comedy, but for video game humor, it's not even remotely as offensive as Kotaku made it sound.