Best Ever Performances By Your Team

FestiveJack

Figured this'd be fun/interesting. What's the best ever performance by your team, whatever the sport?

For me it's either one of these two:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oc3g3GRtkC0

Includes possibly Rooney's best game for us since his debut (his second goal is superb), Ashley Young scoring two fantastic finishes and Ji-Sung Park showing some great two footedness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXBLHyGOOlM

Doubles from Carrick and Ronaldo, as well as Alan Smith (still playing at Notts County I just found out), Rooney and Evra all scoring. Plus Ole Gunnar's last Champions League appearance ever, providing the assist for Evra's goal. De Rossi did score a great goal for Roma as well.

On our way to beating Leeds in the final, we dismantled a strong Southend side 5-1 in the semi-final 2nd leg. James Coppinger scored an absolutely sublime hat trick which can be seen below, amongst the rest of our fine Play-Off campaign that season.

That's probably the pinnacle for me watching Rovers in terms of a singular team performance.

The one I personally remember is probably beating Dortmund in the UEFA Cup 2002 final, speaking as a Feyenoord fan, either that, or John Guidetti scoring a hattrick against Ajax.

The 2002-03 NFC Championship Game.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Philadelphia Eagles.

A little background: The Bucs had a deck stacked against them. They had never won a road playoff game, nor had the won when the temperature at kickoff was 42 degrees or lower. They were on a losing streak against the Eagles, including two playoff losses the past two seasons (which lead to the eventual firing of Tony Dungy).

Nobody had given the Bucs a chance in the last football game at Veterans Stadium.

AND WE PROCEEDED TO EVICT THE GODDAMN EAGLES FROM BOTH THE STADIUM AND THE PLAYOFFS!

• Like 2

The 2002-03 NFC Championship Game.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Philadelphia Eagles.

A little background: The Bucs had a deck stacked against them. They had never won a road playoff game, nor had the won when the temperature at kickoff was 42 degrees or lower. They were on a losing streak against the Eagles, including two playoff losses the past two seasons (which lead to the eventual firing of Tony Dungy).

Nobody had given the Bucs a chance in the last football game at Veterans Stadium.

AND WE PROCEEDED TO EVICT THE GODDAMN EAGLES FROM BOTH THE STADIUM AND THE PLAYOFFS!

Not the Super Bowl where you rofl-stomped the Raiders?

The 2006 UCLA/USC game. No one expected UCLA to knock the Trojans out of the National Title game, but they did, with spectacularly gutty play by Patrick Cowan.

For Oakland, it's a game from before I was born.

For the Lakers, there might be too many to count. Any of the amazing series victories over Sacramento or San Antonio. On a personal level, Kobe's 81 point game is up there.

For the Dodgers, 1988 World Series, or the back-to-back-to-back-to-back home runs comeback a few years back. (Or any time Clayton Kershaw pitches >_>)

With respect to my buddy DMN, the whole playoff run for the Detroit Pistons in the 03-04 year, where we won the championship.

I really miss having a good basketball team in Detroit. The league is better off when the Pistons are good, when they have one of their defensive minded, blue collar, working class hero teams. Detroit basketball was so much fun when we were winning games with scores under 80 points, I loved that shit. I loved watching those guys play defense maybe more than I loved watching them fill the basket. I hope Stan Van Gundy is the answer and that someday soon we get back to a time where the Palace of Auburn Hills is loud and full every game.

There hasn't been a whole lot for me to love about the Lions. We've sucked for a long time, we've had promising seasons with collapses. As an adult, I've only seen one playoff appearance. I was fortunate enough to see Barry Sanders in his prime, and Calvin Johnson in his prime. However, this game always sticks out to me. It was at a time when the Lions and Browns were both fucking awful, but this was wonderful. It was Matt Stafford's rookie year, and it was when I think the fans realized they had a QB with balls, a guy that you never really felt out of a game with.

I'm not sure that Stafford will ever be "elite". But damn, he is a tough guy, and this was the first of quite a few 4th quarter comebacks for him.

Not the Super Bowl where you rofl-stomped the Raiders?

The Super Bowl was sweet, true, but it wasn't as satisfying as the years of vindication that the Eagles game provided. Plus, the Super Bowl is marred by Bill Calahan being an idiot and not changing the fucking audibles. The Bucs knew exactly what they would do, thanks to Gruden's knowledge of Oakland's system. The NFC Championship, though...that was pure defiance by the Buccaneers.