Best Ever Performances By Your Team

The Lusophone

For the Dolphins, that's obvious. 1972 Fins, only invincible NFL team!

For the Strikers, at least the modern incarnation, I'd say effortlessly curbstomping Atlanta 6-2 last year. Was especially cathartic as this was the team going into the league championship game and we were dead last in the first phase (turning the then head coach into the only person more despised at Lockhart Stadium than the perpetually incompetant/corrupt referees)

Edited by OctoberRavenO

Purely because it was the final day and it capped off such a wonderful season for us. I imagine Stoker will have a different opinion.

That was a wonderful day, and I remember thinking "winning the title at home on the final day 8-0 - it can't get better than this" (later, in Munich, I would be proven wrong :shifty:).

For Chelsea's best performance, I could spend a day mulling it over, analysing matches and trying to figure out what such a thing should entail......but instead I go with my instinct. What is the first match the pops into my head? Always, always this one:

Chelsea vs FC Barcelona 3-1 (5-4-2000) by Naisbit

• Like 1

For the Strikers, at least the modern incarnation, I'd say effortlessly curbstomping Atlanta 6-2 last year. Was especially cathartic as this was the team going into the league championship game and we were dead last in the first phase (turning the then head coach into the only person more despised at Lockhart Stadium than the perpetually incompetant/corrupt referees)

62-7.

• Like 2

62-7.

LOL.

Also, I'm pretty sure you don't get to claim 'greatest victory' for things that happened a decade before I was born, unless you're TGC (and maybe HttK).

"The Greatest Game of Rugby Ever Played" apparently. Was an amazing match though.

Also the Warriors comeback against the Bulldogs in 2001 is one I won't forget either.

The Warriors are a great team to watch, Especially in the early 2000's (the Semi Final vs the Sharks in 2002 sticks out in my memory)

This one for us was huge, If only for the fact that we lost the best player in the league for the season mid way through the game and played almost the entire 4th qtr against one of the finals contenders with no one on the bench.

Round 16 AFL - Gold Coast v Collingwood Highlights: http://youtu.be/_AjVB989y_U

62-7.

LOL.

Also, I'm pretty sure you don't get to claim 'greatest victory' for things that happened a decade before I was born, unless you're TGC (and maybe HttK).

It says best ever, right? Not just best you ever witnessed/were alive for.

Ahhhh League Cup semi final?

I remember it well. It was a big staff night out at Gamestation. We'd been to an all you can eat Chinese and were getting extremely drunk in some cheap chain pub. I saw the 4th and 5th goal and I was getting handshakes from my mates. Happy times.

Then for the final I had to work so we were listening to the radio in the shop for the first half, closed very quickly and jumped on the bus down to a friendly pub to watch the second half + extra time. Most of the folk in there were supporting Spurs so when Woodgate's goal went in the place went totally crazy.

Wonderful, wonderful.

• Like 1