EWR distorting/garbling text on loading screens?

So, I'm making a series of loading screens for EWR, but I noticed that EWR seems to be garbling up the text and image on it a bit... for example:

QBioJMt.jpg

That's one of the loading screens I've made thus far. No garbled text or anything like that.

JHktYwC.jpg

And that's the loading screen in EWR, with the text garbled up slightly, and some awkward artifacting (or something similar) on the render of Mia, particularly a spot on her shoulder. Her face also has an awkward line/cut.

Anyone know how to fix this issue? The resolution on my laptop is 1366x768; I went down on the resolution but the issue has persisted.

Yeah, I've had this issue. It's the dimensions. Even if it's just slightly off it'll do this. If you have the original skin still on your computer I'd load up one of the screens in PS or GIMP and check the dimensions against your screen's.

The loading screen dimensions are 794x568. It was just rounded up to 800x600 I guess.

For banners the dimensions are 657x73.

Using these dimensions should eliminate that problem and any other stretching of images etc.

Edited by Rocky
  • Like 2