Serial/Making a Murderer

Maxx

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Incredible that this only is happening because of a podcast, otherwise Asia never writes the affidavit.

Podcasts are so god damn powerful. I know it doesn't compare, but because of Serial, I now find myself listening to podcasts more than music.

• 3 weeks later...

http://theblacktapespodcast.com/

"The Black Tapes is a weekly podcast from the creators of Pacific Northwest Stories, and is hosted by Alex Reagan. The Black Tapes is a serialized docudrama about one journalist's search for truth, her subject's mysterious past, and the literal and figurative ghosts that haunt them both.

How do you feel about paranormal activity or supernatural? Ghosts? Spirits? Demons?

Do you believe?"

I'm a few minutes into this. It's clearly inspired by Serial, even down to the music and editing.

11390054_399502356904859_202920606116615

Edited by Kirkland

• 2 months later...

He's probably getting released, which is the right thing to happen, even if I do think he had something to do with it.

They're also recording two seasons back to back, so Season 2 is in the Fall, and Season 3 is in the Spring.

He's probably getting released, which is the right thing to happen, even if I do think he had something to do with it.

They're also recording two seasons back to back, so Season 2 is in the Fall, and Season 3 is in the Spring.

I'm starting to think hell be offered a deal similar to the "West Memphis Three," which was an "Alford Plea." That allows the defendant to still proclaim his innocence, but recognize that there is enough evidence to convict them at trial. The WM3 were allowed to plead guilty to first degree murder and maintain their innocence, and were re-sentenced to time served (18 years) and were immediately released from prison.

This is far less backwoods than the West Memphis Three had to deal with, and has far more national attention.  The 3 took that deal because Echols was on death row, Adnan is not, which means he can fight this for as long as it takes to clear his name completely and not give up the right to sue for millions afterwards.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I find season 2 to be a bit boring because Bowe's story is so publicized.  There's not a very compelling mystery there.  Maybe conditions were terrible and soldiers lives were at risk where he was stationed, but what he did was incredibly stupid.

And thus, I will open the topic to discussing what is essentially unofficial Serial Season 2; Netflix's Making a Murderer, because hooooly crap there's so weird shit going on in Wisconsin!

• Like 1