Bruce Campbell & Sam Raimi Return For Ash Vs. Evil Dead At Starz

Johnny Latino Heat

Well there WAS a ED reboot.  IT was...ok.  Though Raimi has said he's thought about ways to bring reboot ED and classic ED "together"

The reboot could just simply be an alternate universe, like Army of Darkness. Jane Levy's character could read the Necronomicon and end up in Ash's world.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

This was amazing. So, Army of Darkness is out of the window now, right? The way they put it, seemed like it was a direct sequel for Evil Dead 2 (maybe with a altered ending to the movie), at least to me it seemed like it. I also love the use of practical effects, the CGI stuck out like a sore thumb to me, but luckily they were few and far between. So far so great.

"You're kind of like me. Deadites ruined your life and you're hot as hell."

I'm hoping that Deep Purple is a running theme throughout this show. Space Truckin', then Highway Star. Nice choices. 

• Like 2

"It's kinda like spilling paint on a painting. It's okay because there's already paint on it."
"That is incorrect."

I thought this episode was way better than AVClub's reviewer gave it credit for. Lucy Lawless' character is already badass, can't wait to see how she develops as the series moves along.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Why aren't more people watching this, because holy shit that episode.

Spoiler

So it turns out Ruby's.. struck some sort of deal with the demons? And there's no way she's dead. Perhaps she's been the antagonist all along, and she's been searching for the Necronomicon for her own nefarious means rather than the stuff she's been feeding Fisher. Speaking of Fisher, holy shit, everybody gets a crowning moment of awesome in this episode, don't they? And the gore. The over-the-top gore!

For UK fans that don't know, this is on Virgin on Demand as an exclusive.

We're keeping Michigan moist!

Spoiler

"Just tuck that attitude right in to your cleavage. Which I have definitely not ever noticed before."

Sooo.. did Ruby survive being burned alive (Khaleesi!) or is she a Deadite? Just who - or what - is she? It's probably my favorite part of the show right now, trying to figure Ruby out. I'm out of theories, though. Also, I'm loving these shots of the lush greenery and everything while they're out in the woods and being chased at that militia compound. Gorgeous. 

The only thing I'm not really sold on is Fisher/Ash. It seems really rushed - she went from hating him and thinking he's the problem, to seeing him in action once, and now suddenly she's got the hots for him? :/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cloudy said:

Hide contents

The only thing I'm not really sold on is Fisher/Ash. It seems really rushed - she went from hating him and thinking he's the problem, to seeing him in action once, and now suddenly she's got the hots for him? :/

I agree, but it's not like it's something new for him. "First you wanna kill me, now you wanna kiss me. Blow." and all that. 

Even then in AoD he had to go to hell and back before he won the affection of what's-her-name, here it goes from "this is the son of a bitch causing everything" to melting at Ash's feet with every bawdy pick-up line he spews. It's a little silly. The will they-won't they of Pablo and Kelly is done better and ten times as entertaining.