Bruce Campbell & Sam Raimi Return For Ash Vs. Evil Dead At Starz

Johnny Latino Heat

I get that, it just doesn't stop it from being kind of hackneyed. There wasn't anything organic about it, it was just "oh, shit, we need this beat in this story k". Don't get me wrong, it's still a great series, this is just the first real hiccup I've had with it.

Spoiler

"Man, I really hope that they don't end up dead."
"They have pepper spray."

Dana DeLorenzo's delivery of that line was the best. 

And I'm assuming the stuff about the Kandarian dagger is foreshadowing for Ruby showing up with it next week. That should make things really interesting.

Also, fun fact, Hugo Weaving's niece was the blonde girl in the woods - the one who wanted to get with Pablo.

• 2 weeks later...

So.. that season finale, huh?

Spoiler

Samara Weaving had some pretty funny moments, largely related to how she reacted to other characters' dialogue. "Come on, she's fine! She can walk!" and then that expression and the "um" was great. I'm really surprised Heather survived for as long as she did, I took her as dead on the first episode she was introduced, but nah.. she's maimed and ripped apart in the season finale instead. :shifty: Everyone knew she was going to die, it was just a matter of when and how spectacular a death it would be.

I'm also really glad we got some more backstory on Ruby. She seems kind of like.. Lawful Evil, I guess? I mean, she did say she wanted to bring order back to the world. Just, y'know, by controlling all evil herself. She's obviously lying, but hey, can't have a season 2 without it, right?

All in all, I feel like this was a great first season. Loved every second of it, and I can't wait for season 2 (assuming next October).

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Oh god. Not up the butt. Oh god. I'm in the butt!

Lot of great lines from episode 2. Lots of Ash being up a guy's butt (literally). Lots of gore (go figure). Great episode.

• Like 1

Am I the only person left watching this? <_<

So, a predictable death and a big secret in episode 3..

Spoiler

What do you think the secret is? I'm going with "Ash's mother is still alive". Brock had just been saying she was dead because she left him and it hurt him too much, I'm guessing. Hopefully we find out what it is this season though.

EDIT: Also, renewed for season 3!

On 10/18/2016 at 03:23, Cloudy said:

Am I the only person left watching this? <_<

So, a predictable death and a big secret in episode 3..

Hide contents

What do you think the secret is? I'm going with "Ash's mother is still alive". Brock had just been saying she was dead because she left him and it hurt him too much, I'm guessing. Hopefully we find out what it is this season though.

EDIT: Also, renewed for season 3!

I'm watching as it is the best show on TV.

That car death under the wheel was brutal, and magical.

• Like 1

S2E4:

Spoiler

"Dude, there's a chainsaw in my back seat."
"Uhh.. yeah. That's mine."
"What's it for?"
"Uhh.. ice sculpture."
"Oh. Dude. There's a shotgun in my backseat."
"That's mine."
"What's it for?"
".. in case they don't pay for the ice sculpture?"

Also the image of Ash trying to stuff his dad's brain back into his head and it just falling back out was the kind of darkly hilarious stuff I love about this show. And the possessed Delta still having one of his eyeballs in the grill. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cloudy said:

S2E4:

Hide contents

"Dude, there's a chainsaw in my back seat."
"Uhh.. yeah. That's mine."
"What's it for?"
"Uhh.. ice sculpture."
"Oh. Dude. There's a shotgun in my backseat."
"That's mine."
"What's it for?"
".. in case they don't pay for the ice sculpture?"

Also the image of Ash trying to stuff his dad's brain back into his head and it just falling back out was the kind of darkly hilarious stuff I love about this show. And the possessed Delta still having one of his eyeballs in the grill. 

Oh man, that was an amazing episode. This season has been even better than the last one, and that was amazing.

• 2 weeks later...

Missing a beat if they don't merchandise the fuck out of those puppets. I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

Also, of all the violence in the series

Spoiler

The beaten to death corpses of Kelly and Pablo, Kelly missing her lower jaw and Pablo most of his face, were probably the most gruesome so far. I chalk that up to attachment to the characters, but most gore and violence in the show doesn't really faze me. Seeing Kelly and Pablo like that did, though.

Great episode. Some amazing one-liners from the deadite of the week, and from Kelly. And from Ashy Slashy.

Though I gotta say...

Spoiler

I've grown attached to Pablo and Pablito's Fish And Chips (get it, like microchips) and really hope he isn't dead dead. Surely there's some dark magic Ruby can do or something to bring him back.

Not my Pablo. :(

• Like 1

On 11/21/2016 at 14:30, Cloudy said:

Great episode. Some amazing one-liners from the deadite of the week, and from Kelly. And from Ashy Slashy.

Though I gotta say...

Hide contents

I've grown attached to Pablo and Pablito's Fish And Chips (get it, like microchips) and really hope he isn't dead dead. Surely there's some dark magic Ruby can do or something to bring him back.

Not my Pablo. :(

Spoiler

He can't be dead. He's one of the main characters.

• 3 weeks later...