2014-15 MLB Offseason Thread

The Buscher

I'm almost happy for them. Having the Cubs as contenders would breathe some life into the Cardinals rivalry. The Pirates, Reds, and Brewers aren't as satisfying to beat.

I was pretty excited to get Cespedes back in July for Lester. Then came the word he really had no desire to play for Boston, and likely wasn't going to resign. So it's good news to see he got moved for a decent young pitcher in Porcello.

The Sox should play better next year, though it'll be interesting to see how this revamped roster looks next year. I don't think it'll be a playoff team, but the AL East is just weird right now so who knows.

I was pretty excited to get Cespedes back in July for Lester. Then came the word he really had no desire to play for Boston, and likely wasn't going to resign. So it's good news to see he got moved for a decent young pitcher in Porcello.

The Sox should play better next year, though it'll be interesting to see how this revamped roster looks next year. I don't think it'll be a playoff team, but the AL East is just weird right now so who knows.

I guess it works if he wasn't going to re-sign, but really we just exchanged Jon Lester for Rick Porcello and I'm kinda meh about that.

I guess it all winds up as getting value for what you can. As we seen, Lester did not resign with the Red Sox. And Cespedes most likely wasn't going to either. I'd rather have Porcello over nothing. I'd rather have Porcello over Alex Wilson or Allen Webster (in general) and Rubby de la Rosa and Brandon Workman (in the rotation, since both should remain bullpen/long relief/emergency starters)

The Padres also kept some of their best prospects and their young pitching. Pretty impressive.

They seem to be a righty heavy team and that outfield isn't going to be the best defensive one you've ever seen but talk about making a splash.