The Assassin's Creed Series

Mr. X

Anyone else buy this yet?

Picked up a copy earlier but right now I'm having a lot of problems with framerates and being desynced for bullock things. Haven't jumped online because I want to wait to see some of the technical stuff fixed before I possibly get frustrated with others.

I'm definitely really close to just shelving this game for a bit to see if Ubisoft will fix all these issues. I know FarCry is out next week and I'm wondering if Rogue is any good.

I typically really enjoy the AC series but this game is having too many issues out of the gate and I can't ignore them because they all have impacted my enjoyment.

Why not make this a catch-all AC thread, since Rogue is also out this week?

Also - X! Where have you been? :o

I should have done that now that I think about it, but after looking around I assume it is something only a mod can do now so get to it Benji.

Also, I still lurk around here most days. Mainly I work weekends and spend my time playing vidy games.

And The Crew. Seriously, you should all get The Crew.

I've pushed buying GTA back until the new year to try and alleviate some of the bottleneck.

Anyway, ACU. I've heard good things about the new system for missions which allow you to carry on even if you're spotted or something else compromises the main objective.

Well I played the HD version and the story was alright, I never enjoyed the main character though. The game was pretty poorly made though; so many bits where stuff didn't work how it should and I had to cheese it to get past the section.

Rogue/Unity Link Spoiler

I've read (on Wikipedia, and not in the plot summary the spoiling bastards) that the last scene from Rogue is essentially the scene that kick-starts the plot of Unity.

I might actually get Rogue if I can put the sailing boredom to one side.

I'm going to pick up Rogue on the way home today I think. I've read that it's essentially a new character/story/setting on top of Black Flags build and mechanics.. which is fine by me since the character and story look interesting and I loved Black Flag's gameplay.

Hopefully this also means there's no reason at all why it should be broken in any way that Unity reportedly is.

Kinda weird thinking that this is probably the last current gen game I'll buy.

Black Flag was a bit better than the ones before them but I really hated sailing the ship. A lot of people loved it but it just felt so tedious and monotonous to me.

I agree early on there were parts where it made you sail seemingly "the long way round" for no real reason, but once a few places were unlocked a bit of smart fast travel sorted that out. Also the sea shanties made long journeys way more fun.

• Like 1