Dragon Age Inquisition

apsham

Is there a way to bring up the map?

Because far too often I am getting lost in the field and I have no idea how to get to the fast travel area/map exit.

Also! Fuck the one mission in the Hinterlands...it's anti-fun and pointless.

You want me to find your fucking Duffalo? Or whatever the fuck it's called. So I find it...and I have to walk. Slowly. Takes 10-15 minutes of walking ahead, waiting. Walking ahead, waiting. The most boring, useless mission ever. Nothing happened.

When I delivered it, I killed his entire herd, because fuck that asshole. I would have preferred to give him the gold for a new one.

I'm a fucking hero, saving the world from destruction. I don't have time to find your fucking animal.

• Like 1

Because far too often I am getting lost in the field and I have no idea how to get to the fast travel area/map exit.

You want me to find your fucking Duffalo? Or whatever the fuck it's called. So I find it...and I have to walk. Slowly. Takes 10-15 minutes of walking ahead, waiting. Walking ahead, waiting. The most boring, useless mission ever. Nothing happened.

When I delivered it, I killed his entire herd, because fuck that asshole. I would have preferred to give him the gold for a new one.

I'm a fucking hero, saving the world from destruction. I don't have time to find your fucking animal.

There's a list on Reddit saying that the Hinterlands quests ate boring because it's the starting area and get better one you leave

There's a list on Reddit saying that the Hinterlands quests ate boring because it's the starting area and get better one you leave

No excuse!

I'm about four hours in and... eh... it's okay. Nothing's blown me away and I have some minor gripes, but I want to give it more time before I pass judgment.

Without spoiling anything. How is the story, how are the characters?

The story is good, but the characters are a bit middling. Varric is lacking his old charm (perhaps down to the fact he isn't telling the story and can't make himself seem more rogueishly likeable than he is), Cassandra is solid, but Solis (think that's his name) is totally forgettable. I also met a rogue called Sera who was amusing for twenty seconds then got irritating, and some posh mage woman who seemed interesting but I don't know what depth she'll have.

I'm surprised people are so anti-Hinterlands. Mindless quests for extra exp that makes you overpowered in the main quest? That's half the reason I adored the first Dragon Age!

It's like playing the old FF's again. Having trouble with a boss? Spend five hours doing pointless things whilst listening/watching something else! Destroy it next time! :D

So far this is everything I want from an RPG. But my tastes have been made pretty clearly not most peoples! :P

• Like 2

I'm surprised people are so anti-Hinterlands. Mindless quests for extra exp that makes you overpowered in the main quest? That's half the reason I adored the first Dragon Age!

It's like playing the old FF's again. Having trouble with a boss? Spend five hours doing pointless things whilst listening/watching something else! Destroy it next time! :D

So far this is everything I want from an RPG. But my tastes have been made pretty clearly not most peoples! :P

If there's one thing I love is the old Side-Quests make you OP route.

It feels rewarding knowing that your 5 hours of braindead grinding and backtracking actually had an effect, rather than the difficulty scaling anyways and you're stuck in some frustrating bossfight regardless of how much time you put into the game.

It's why I love the Disgaea series so much, because it takes level grinding and it makes it into an artform.

Yea,Dorian is now the go-to mage for my party. Usually go him, Varrick and Cassandra

So the game is actually good? For real? After the giant disappointments that were the ME3 ending and DA2 as a whole I kinda swore to myself that I wasn't gonna buy any EA/BioWare games. But you make it seem like it is a genuinely good game. Now I am considering getting it. So do you think someone like me who loved DA: Origins and hated DA2 would like the game?

I loved DA:O and liked the story of DA2, but not how it was designed. Its much more like DA:O then 2 was

The story of DA2? In my opinion that was the worst part of it. It seemed so disjointed. Like they something that was supposed an episodic DLC for DA:O but they turned it into a full game instead.

The point to DA2 was that there wasn't an overarching story it was about Hawke's rise to power and all the different events from her life. I liked it. The bad part of that gave was the repetitive level design. Every cave or dungeon you went into was nearly the exact same

• Like 3