Dragon Age Inquisition

apsham

The story of DA2? In my opinion that was the worst part of it. It seemed so disjointed. Like they something that was supposed an episodic DLC for DA:O but they turned it into a full game instead.

The point to DA2 was that there wasn't an overarching story it was about Hawke's rise to power and all the different events from her life. I liked it. The bad part of that gave was the repetitive level design. Every cave or dungeon you went into was nearly the exact same

Yea that was the big thing that turned me off about it

So the game is actually good? For real? After the giant disappointments that were the ME3 ending and DA2 as a whole I kinda swore to myself that I wasn't gonna buy any EA/BioWare games. But you make it seem like it is a genuinely good game. Now I am considering getting it. So do you think someone like me who loved DA: Origins and hated DA2 would like the game?

The ME3 ending was just fine, and while DA2 was repetitive at points, it was a pretty good game.

Gave it more time Sunday and I'm enjoying it more. It's not without its flaws and the graphical glitches are sometimes really horrid, but it's generally a fun game. Possible GOTY? Maybe given more time, but that's more down to a weak field of games that aren't remakes/remasters this year than anything else.

• Like 1

The story of DA2? In my opinion that was the worst part of it. It seemed so disjointed. Like they something that was supposed an episodic DLC for DA:O but they turned it into a full game instead.

The point to DA2 was that there wasn't an overarching story it was about Hawke's rise to power and all the different events from her life. I liked it. The bad part of that gave was the repetitive level design. Every cave or dungeon you went into was nearly the exact same

Yea that was the big thing that turned me off about it

Same here. Going into the same fucking cave 200x in the game, and the only thing being different is one door being barred or not. It just annoyed me a lot and it was a chore to finish it.

So the game is actually good? For real? After the giant disappointments that were the ME3 ending and DA2 as a whole I kinda swore to myself that I wasn't gonna buy any EA/BioWare games. But you make it seem like it is a genuinely good game. Now I am considering getting it. So do you think someone like me who loved DA: Origins and hated DA2 would like the game?

The ME3 ending was just fine, and while DA2 was repetitive at points, it was a pretty good game.

Not before the Extended Cut it wasn't.

I think the thing I most loved in DA2 was how every member of your team felt like a member of your team, and not just someone to fill out the roster with a certain power. Everyone felt like they had very real motivations and emotions. Also (DA2 ending spoiler)...

Maaan fuck Anders. I supported that guy for so long. I hope he's in Inquisition so I can smack his stupid traitorous face around some.

I'm playing on PS4. Do I actually need a fucking EA Origin account in order to import the descisions I made into the game? Is there no way to change the tapestry in the game itself?

And I stand by it. DA2 as a whole was bullshit and the Director's Cut made the ME3 ending only marginally better. It is still horrible though.

I think the game itself was great as a finalé, but the final movie was a massive cop out that made the game (which in itself served as the final act, rather than having a final act) feel very cheap and one dimensional, especially since you were told since day one how much every little decision mattered. If you think of ME trilogy simply as "Mass Effect Act I, II and III" then the third one becomes massively better. I don't think anyone actually thought it was bad, but were simply let down that their actions had very little effect on the final decision (and even that final decision had very little effect on the final video).

• Like 1

dragonagekeep.com

It lets you set the backstory for events leading up to the Inquisition from DA:O and DA2

Maybe 20-30 minutes, then it plays a little animation of your choices, letting you change things if you want, narrated by Varrick

I think the game itself was great as a finalé, but the final movie was a massive cop out that made the game (which in itself served as the final act, rather than having a final act) feel very cheap and one dimensional, especially since you were told since day one how much every little decision mattered. If you think of ME trilogy simply as "Mass Effect Act I, II and III" then the third one becomes massively better. I don't think anyone actually thought it was bad, but were simply let down that their actions had very little effect on the final decision (and even that final decision had very little effect on the final video).

See, I came in on the second game, so I dunno if it ever bothered me that much. I think most people wanted to shape their story the way they wanted, whilst I never really approached it that way. I just wanted to see the rest of the story that Bioware wanted to tell. I can get why you'd be pissed otherwise, but overall I think I enjoyed it more because I wasn't looking for my own story to form.

• Like 1

Yes, I do think it was bad. Very bad. The fact that my descisions didn't matter played a big part in why I still hate the ending. But there were also logical mistakes, characters acting totally out of character, we never learned what happened to your companions as well as the other species and don't even get me started on magic space hitler kid and the motivation of the reapers. The directors cut only made it marginaly better by giving us at least some insight into what happened after the end.

Edited by Hellraiser