I hate the show Bones

VerbalPuke

This show is fucking terrible, this has to have the most insufferable bunch of characters on TV. It's bad enough that it's yet another show where improbable science is used to solve crimes, but the people on this show are the worst. My wife loves this show so I am subjected to listening to it every so often. Look, my old lady likes some awful shows, but this is by far the worst. The other ones, I can see the entertainment value behind them even if I'd rather shove a wire brush up my ass than watch them.

Let's start with the title character "Bones". Fuck her. She sucks, her weird ass personality is garbage. "Oh hey, I'm this smart ass fucking scientist but I don't understand any sort of common street smarts, aren't I fucking quirky, laugh at me". Fuck off, choke on a book of logic and reasoning you bag of pus.

And then her fucking husband Booth, what a complete fucking square jawed, all American macho hero fucking sack of disease this guy is. *In the Interrogation Room with innocent person being accused of crime* Booth: "You're fucking guilty. The person you were related to is dead and I think you're fucking guilty. You probably hacked their head with a hacking device because I can see in your eyes you are a greedy, jealous prick". "Hey Booth, it turns out this person is innocent". *Booth looks indignant, cut to commercial*. "Hey Booth this dude smokes dope" "He's a fucking junkie prick" "Hey Booth this person likes BDSM" "He's a fucking child molester" "Hey Booth this guy is homeless" "GUILTY, HE'S FUCKING GUILTY".

And then that Dr. Hodkings, whatever the fuck his name is. That bearded fucking dweeb, that guy with the face you want to put a pick axe through. He's such a fucking complete asshole. You know a guy is an asshole when I say he is a complete asshole. Oh hey, a new guy is working at the lab, well how about the lab's scuzziest looking drowned rat insults him and makes him feel like shit because he has an inferiority complex? Fuck him. And somehow they cast him to be dating the attractive girl on the show, or wait, they're married? Yeah, they are. Yeah, sure dickhead with the scraggly beard is really going to be married to the girl that is built like a brick shit house.

And the one doctor lady, she looks like skeletor. The show should have been named after her because she looks like a bag of bones. She looks like somebody sewed a big sack of skin to a skeleton. Her character is ok though.

As for the show itself? It's shit. The plot sucks, it's a fucking paint by numbers "Hey this person was murdered in this area with rare trees, oh and lo and behold the fucking killer had bits of that rare tree attached to his jock strap, we figured out the murder mystery guys!".

Thank you for your time EWB.

• Like 15

Network TV is almost exclusively awful. Some of the stuff my mom watches makes me want to claw my eyes out, most notably 2 Broke Girls and that Stalker show. Holy shit that Stalker show is bad.

If you think Temperance is bad in the show then try and read one of the books. I like Bones(It was originally the reason I signed up for Netflix)and I like to read and I couldn't bear it.

I concur with Benkid. I hate procedurals and it's 90% of what my girlfriend watches. But I can stomach having to listen to 10 different carbon-copy default-formula indistinguishable re-runs under different names, because I found a show that I truly am revolted by having on in our home.

18 (and later 19) Kids and Counting. On the surface it should seem like a fascinating cultural study of an uber-fundamentalist but not-hate-filled Christian family. Instead, it's propoganda for their freaky ass cult where their kids can't hold hands with boyfriends/girlfriends until their engaged and can't kiss until they're married. I sat through a Creationist Museum episode once and wound up with a headache from clenching my teeth so hard

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SsLgHr5rSk

Stokerina also bloody adores Bones...her mobile ringtone for some people (not me, but certainly at least her mum) is the Bones theme for goodness' sake!

But I cannot say it is the worst shit she watches. Not when she watches The Vampire Diaries and God knows what else. At least I have some latent fondness for David Boreanaz left over from Angel, whereas in these other shows there is not a likable thing about any of them.

Let's start with the title character "Bones". Fuck her. She sucks, her weird ass personality is garbage. "Oh hey, I'm this smart ass fucking scientist but I don't understand any sort of common street smarts, aren't I fucking quirky, laugh at me". Fuck off, choke on a book of logic and reasoning you bag of pus.

Funnily enough, without the smart ass fucking scientist bit is exactly what put me off New Girl, must be a Deschanel thing.

Stokerina also bloody adores Bones...her mobile ringtone for some people (not me, but certainly at least her mum) is the Bones theme for goodness' sake!

But I cannot say it is the worst shit she watches. Not when she watches The Vampire Diaries and God knows what else. At least I have some latent fondness for David Boreanaz left over from Angel, whereas in these other shows there is not a likable thing about any of them.

That's pretty much my take on Bones.

David Boreanaz gets work, so I tolerate it. I don't watch it but I tolerate its existence.

When I was living in Japan we only had a few channels with English language. One of which was Fox TV. I got acquainted with a lot of trash over the years I was there. Ghost Whisperer might have been the absolute worst.

Burn Notice was good fun though. Bones fell somewhere in the middle. It was ok, especially earlier series. You know what you're going to get with it and it wasn't horrible compared to some of the other trash.

I tell you what was surprisingly good - Medium. I thought it was going to be terrible but actually found myself enjoying it. Probably some weird voodoo hypnotism going on or something.

• Like 1