The European Festivals Thread

DFF

We have individual threads for a bunch of UK fests, but I thought it best to create a catch all one for those in mainland Europe.

Hellfest

(19 - 21 June, Clisson, France)

Made it's main announcement earlier this week, confirming over 120 acts.

hellfest_2015_poster.jpg

Whilst the headliners are a step down from last year (Iron Maiden, Aerosmith and Black Sabbath), I think it is a fun line-up. I did a quick skim of the line-up and found 33 bands I'd watch, without delving into the numerous I don't know. It is a bit of a trek to get there, but last year was amazing so is under serious consideration again.

Rock am Ring

(5 - 7 June at Nürburgring racetrack, Germany)

Confirmed Headliners: Foo Fighters, Die Toten Hosen, Slipknot.

Also confirmed: Rise Against, In Flames, Papa Roach, Motörhead, Callejon, Lamb Of God, Asking Alexandria, Kraftklub, Donots, Skindred, Broilers, Beatsteaks, Parkway Drive, Turbostaat, Trailerpark, Frank Turner and The Sleeping Souls.

Rock Werchter

(25 - 28 June, at Werchter, Belgium)

Confirmed headliner: Foo Fighters.

Roskilde

(1 - 4 July, at Roskilde, Denmark)

Confirmed acts: Lamb of God, Mew, Suspekt, Rustie, Dixon, Dolomite Minor, Khaira Arby, Kronos Quartet, Tombs.

Tuska

(26 - 28 June in Helsinki, Finland)

Confirmed so far: Lamb of God, In Flames, Amorphis, Stratovarius, The Sword, Bombus.

Waceken Open Air

(30 Jul - 1 Aug at Wacken, Germany)

Confirmed: Savatage, Trans-Siberian Orchestra, In Flames, Amorphis, Running Wild, Sabaton, Sepultura, In Extremo, U.D.O. (special Orchestra show), Death Angel, Powerwolf, Ensiferum, Kataklysm, Cannibal Corpse, Thyrfing, Judas Priest, Khold, Rob Zombie, Black Label Society, The BossHoss.

I'll add in more when I have chance. Graspop are meant to be announcing something tomorrow.

Hellfest for me. I went in 2009 and it was amazing. Spent the whole weekend booked up watching the bands I wanted. That's never happened before,

Headliners are ok for me, but it's all about the small bands, I've got about 20-30 great bands to watch there.

Graspop

Like Download, they have KISS, Slipknot and Scorpions headlining.

Undercard includes:
Motorhead, Judas Priest, Alice Cooper, KoRn, In Flames, Five Finger Death Punch, Body Count, Within Temptation, Godsmack, Lamb of God, Papa Roach, Cradle of Filth, Children of Bodom, Black Stone Cherry, Danko Jones, Arch Enemy, At the Gates, Exodus, My Dying Bride, Ihsahn, Godseed, Alcest, Cannibal Corpse, Sarke, Korpiklaani, Samael, Orchid, Blues Pills, Kataklysm, Primordial, Septicflesh, Terror, Amorphis, Shining, Avatarium, Sylosis, Every Time I Die, Orphaned Land, Stray From The Path, Butcher Babies, Winterfylleth, The Sword, Sigh, and Den Saakaldte.