Formula One 2015

Lineker

While boo to Vettel, I am happy to see that there is going to be at least a few competitive GPs going forward, I hope some of the other teams narrow the gap too. Seeing Williams get involved and make it a 3 team competition would be lovely.

Just caught up with the race, having somehow avoided getting the result all morning. Vettel got his tactics spot on, while Hamilton paid the price for needlessly using up a fresh set of medium tyres during qualifying. Kimi did a remarkable job to come home in 4th too, considering he started in 11th and then picked up a puncture on Lap 1. Hugely impressed with Max Verstapen too, so far he's living up to the hype. I still think Mercedes will dominate the season, but it's good to see a 'different' winner today

Kimi was truly something else during the race. He had a bad start, got a puncture right after passing the pit-lane going into lap 2 so he had to drive an entire lap without a back tyre putting him dead last even behind the mobile chicane of Merhi, and with downforce issues he still overtakes everyone else to finish 4th behind Vettel and the Mercs.

McLaren on the other hand are heartbreakingly suffering, and not even Alonso can get legendary drives out of the underpowered car.

Oh, and Red Bull are being outpaced by their development team who are fielding two rookies including one that can't legally drive yet who set the track alight with aggressive yet intelligent and clean driving to bring home the first points of his career and becoming the youngest point scorer ever. And whilst I'm not jumping onto the ''Max VerSenna" bandwagon, kid had shown all the chops of being able to drive a car despite claims of his age/experience making him a liability.

Not even looking at Ferrari/Merc, this is going to be an interesting season at the least between the rest of the pack.

Mclaren were closer to Force India than I would have expected. One thing about them as a team is that they do develop their car well. I think it'll be next year when we see them back at the front though.

Edited by Sam

On McLaren, it's the same every year to an extent. They develop a new car and it takes until the European part of the season before they become competitive :/

Most notable in 2009, when they and Ferrari both come good way, way too late with their KERS.

• Admin

The Mercedes Cold War is back on. Yaayyy.

McLaren's Jenson Button has been given a Formula 1 licence points penalty and demoted to 14th place in the Chinese Grand Prix for his collision with Lotus driver Pastor Maldonado. A five-second penalty dropped Button - who called the incident a "misjudgement" - from 13th to 14th behind Carlos Sainz Jr in the race results.

I'm not sure how you can accuse someone of holding you up when he then blasts you by half a second a lap when he needs to.

• Like 1

I'm not sure how you can accuse someone of holding you up when he then blasts you by half a second a lap when he needs to.

Doesn't that just reinforce Nico's claims? Lewis was tanking his drive to force Nico into either a battle with the Ferrari's, or to get into the dirty air of Hamilton's own car.

Hamilton was taking it easy, granted he's the leader and he can do whatever he wants, but in doing so he was hurting the team effort by causing his teammate to get into trouble and potentially cost the team points.

Hamilton can wave it off as ''I was preserving tyres, protecting the car'', but it's just a dickish tactic to fuck with your teammate. But naturally with those claims you'll rustle the jimmies of British racing fans, because Hamilton is their golden boy against the onslaught of stinky mainland europeans trying to take away their sport.

Doesn't that just reinforce Nico's claims? Lewis was tanking his drive to force Nico into either a battle with the Ferrari's, or to get into the dirty air of Hamilton's own car.

Hamilton was taking it easy, granted he's the leader and he can do whatever he wants, but in doing so he was hurting the team effort by causing his teammate to get into trouble and potentially cost the team points.

Hamilton can wave it off as ''I was preserving tyres, protecting the car'', but it's just a dickish tactic to fuck with your teammate. But naturally with those claims you'll rustle the jimmies of British racing fans, because Hamilton is their golden boy against the onslaught of stinky mainland europeans trying to take away their sport.

I couldn't have said it better myself

Hamilton did nothing wrong. Rosberg was never in real trouble, Vettel was always 1.5s behind. If he was on Nico's gearbox, I might be a tad more sympathetic. However all Nico then had to do was back off during the corners and get good exits onto the straights because Vettel's top speed wasn't high enough to pass.