Songs that mean something to you

Benji

Last month, as I'm sure most of you know, my cat Hiro passed away. Ever since then I've listened to Elizabeth's Mitchell's version of "You Are My Sunshine" an awful lot because it reminds me of her (I used to sing it to her even when she was alive). So it got me to wondering what songs mean something to you or remind you of something? Doesn't have to be sad, it can be a happy memory, just wondered what associations people had with certain songs (or artists).

My close friend passed away this past Easter (suicide) and i've always felt guilt for it. This song pretty much sums up how i feel. I understand its Slipknot which gets hate anywhere to be honest but it isn't a screaming/shouting song. Its about coping with loss.

I loved this song and had the album it was on. My best friend in middle school loved it too so I let her "borrow" the CD. She still has the CD and it always gets brought up when we occasionally talk. So whenever I hear Dixie Chicks or this song in particular it makes me think about the fun we had then.