The January 2015 Transfer Window thread

Lineker

• Admin

984241_10152619206148505_421540970858200

Spurs have finally confirmed that DeAndre Yedlin will join from Seattle when the window officially opens on the 1st.

Elsewhere, Dortmund have agreed a deal to sign Slovenia international midfielder Kevin Kampl from Red Bull Salzburg. The 24-year-old will move for an undisclosed fee after signing a contract until the summer of 2019.

• Like 1

One of the less annoying guys on the Tottenham Facebook page has suggested that he could see Yedlin being turned into a decent right winger, similar to Bale's movement from left back. It would make sense as Yedlin's got a lot of pace, can beat a player and has a decent pass on him, but his defensive work isn't the absolute strongest.

Hoping for a couple more defender, just to help steady the ship and with injuries. It's a long shot but Eder Alvarez Balanta getting his big move to Europe by coming to us would be great.

We'll be linked with all kinds of big name players (I think I saw Strootman, Pogba and Coentrao all on one day last week) but I think it'll be a much more low key transfer window for us.

Yeah, it's a real shame he wasn't with us from the start of the season, because he could've played some on our Europa league games to get used to the position. Now he's going to come to a team which really needs to pick up points in the PL and will come up against big teams in the Europa League, too. I think he's a real prospect, but I think he's just that for now. I worry that he won't be anywhere near ready for the first team for quite a while because playing right back in the MLS is a little different to the PL. His pace is ridiculous, though. Hopefully he can develop and we'll have another good young player on our hands.

Also, will be interesting to see what happens with Alex Pritchard this January window. He's been brilliant for Brentford, and apparently some Premier League clubs want him in the transfer window. Could be good to just leave him at Brentford and let him have a season. But he surely has a future at Spurs given his output at 21 for one of the Championship's most successful teams.

Keep hearing we're going to have a big transfer window. Rumours are we're open to offers for any of Naughton, Kaboul, Chiriches, Paulinho, Townsend, Soldado, Adebayor, Lennon and maybe Dembele. I heard Levy was really willing to back Poch to get the players he wants, while getting rid of those he won't. January seems like an odd time to do it, but I'm all for it cos I just want us to back a manager.

• Like 1

RAFA

RUMOURS

TIME

Milan are in talks with Atletico Madrid regarding a loan swap deal between Alessio Cerci and Fernando Torres.

Daily Mirror claims Arsenal are willing to pay 16m for Moussa Sissoko. hmmmm nope

Tottenham is close to signing Paris St Germain's midfielder Adrien Rabiot on loan for the rest of the season.

Saido Berahino no longer sees his future at West Brom, with a move to either Liverpool or Spurs on the cards.

Celtic are in the hunt for 25-year-old Kara Mbodj of Racing Genk. Who?

Harry Redknapp is ready to offer Ravel Morrison a contract if he leaves West Ham.

Uwe Rosler is the favorite to take over at Brighton.

Man Utd are willing to offer £120m for Gareth Bale.

Louis Van Gaal is considering whether to loan out Adnan Januzaj or not.

Chelsea are ready to pull the plug on Christian Atsu's loan spell at Everton.

• Like 5

RAFA

RUMOURS

TIME

Milan are in talks with Atletico Madrid regarding a loan swap deal between Alessio Cerci and Fernando Torres.

Daily Mirror claims Arsenal are willing to pay 16m for Moussa Sissoko. hmmmm nope

Tottenham is close to signing Paris St Germain's midfielder Adrien Rabiot on loan for the rest of the season.

Saido Berahino no longer sees his future at West Brom, with a move to either Liverpool or Spurs on the cards.

Celtic are in the hunt for 25-year-old Kara Mbodj of Racing Genk. Who?

Harry Redknapp is ready to offer Ravel Morrison a contract if he leaves West Ham.

Uwe Rosler is the favorite to take over at Brighton.

Man Utd are willing to offer £120m for Gareth Bale.

Louis Van Gaal is considering whether to loan out Adnan Januzaj or not.

Celtic used to be a big team from Scotland Rafa, so now you know.

• Like 13

Yeah a big clear out either this January or in the summer would just be taking Spurs back to the summer of 2013 if a similar number of players were to come in.

And if you do sell Ade and Soldado and don't manage to get a striker in, you're fucked aren't you?

Exactly.

Of those seven that came in, Eriksen, Lamela and Chadli are clearly first team players. Capoue should at least be in rotation and Soldado has scored a couple in quick succession, so the dream of him coming good is back on.

Paulinho seems to have lost it since the World Cup as he was pretty good last year. Chiriches really depends on who he's playing next to (i.e. it needs to be Vertonghen).

Then from this summer, Fazio's starting to look good, Davies good too, Dier has enough quality to deserve a place in and around the team, Vorm is a great backup to have and I hope he stays, Yedlin is an excting prospect.

In other words, no we don't need a whole host of new players coming in, especially as we finally seem to have bedded in most of those I've mentioned.

I'd like to see Cleverley brought in permanently, but I hope it's at a reasonable price and not the £8million we were talking in the summer. Vlaar is more likely to go than Delph and I think we've got a bit of depth to CB now so I'd not be as worried as I was at the start of the season.

Really really hope we can get a proper winger brought into the club, but I ask for this every year...

Well he's already back at Cobham being rehabbed for his hamstring injury. But yeah, seems unlikely he'll spend the second half of the season there given the low amount of playing time he's got.