The January 2015 Transfer Window thread

Lineker

• Admin
  • Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini hopes to resolve the future of Frank Lampard "within the next few days".
  • Swansea City have agreed to sign Nelson Oliveira on loan from Benfica until the end of the season. The deal was finalised on Tuesday and the Portugal striker, 23, will be eligible to play for the Premier League club from January. Swansea manager Garry Monk wanted cover for frontman Wilfried Bony, who will join up with Ivory Coast for January's Africa Cup of Nations. Oliveira has also been on loan at Pacos de Ferreira, Deportivo and Rennes.
  • Southampton manager Ronald Koeman says he wants to sign Werder Bremen winger Eljero Elia, initially on loan. The Netherlands international, 27, is wanted as Jay Rodriguez has a cruciate knee ligament injury and Sadio Mané is heading to the Africa Cup of Nations.

Ah, January, the joyous month of the year where I dread clicking on BBC sport incase we've sold our best player(s).

Sissoko to Arsenal sounds plausible because due to injuries Wenger is down to his last twelve attacking midfielders to shoehorn into the Arsenal first eleven.

• Like 6

The weirdest thing is that the Mail keeps saying Sissoko is going to be signed to fill the defensive midfield role. Anybody who's ever seen him play knows that'll be bollocks.

He's a great player but playing him in a holding role completely negates what he's good at and he's not what Arsenal need at all.

The weirdest thing is that the Mail keeps saying Sissoko is going to be signed to fill the defensive midfield role. Anybody who's ever seen him play knows that'll be bollocks.

He's a great player but playing him in a holding role completely negates what he's good at and he's not what Arsenal need at all.

You say that as if Arsenal don't play attacking midfielders as defensive midfielders.

You say that as if Arsenal don't play attacking midfielders as defensive midfielders.

They can't be worse than Flamini, who's almost worse than useless.

Edited by TCO

• Admin

Best one I saw yesterday was that we wanted to sign Ally Cissokho. We've got Ben Davies and Danny Rose...but we want Cissokho.

Hopefully there is nothing to that. Davies is a great defender and Rose is a more than capable backup.

I actually don't want us to do much this window. If Southampton come back in again for Townsend though we need to be biting their hands off.

They can't be worse than Flamini, who's almost worse than useless.

I like Flamini. He made a massive difference for Arsenal last season.

• Like 1

HESKEY IS BACK!!!!!

He's joined Bolton on a short term contract. A partnership of Gudjohnson and Heskey in 2014 would have striked fear into centre backs...back in 2003

• Like 3

I don't really understand the rules of whether one club can sub-let their loaned player to another club, or whatever the hell is supposedly going on with Milan, Atletico and Torres...but to be honest provided Chelsea still get their money from someone, I don't especially care.

And if Torres really desperately wants Mario Mandzukic to be the one who keeps him on the bench, all power to him.

• Like 2