The 2015 Music Thread

RPS

Some friends of mine are in an instrumental post-rock band called Gilmore Trail. They have their second album dropping in May, and the lead single/first video has been featured on a number of sites (including Prog @ Team Rock, etc). Anywho, I thought one or two of you might enjoy a listen. It's quite easy going and chilled out stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6EA_1Apw4U

Hope you enjoy :)

Two things, Dead Sara are amazing, everyone should listen and absolutely go see them live.

And Blink 182 with Matt Skiba is a huge improvement, based on the videos from last nights show. All the songs are now sung, instead of whatever it was that Tom was doing.

Two things, Dead Sara are amazing, everyone should listen and absolutely go see them live.

And Blink 182 with Matt Skiba is a huge improvement, based on the videos from last nights show. All the songs are now sung, instead of whatever it was that Tom was doing.

Nasal interpretations of the English language?

• 2 weeks later...

Yes it is! There's a handful of wrestling related songs by Darnielle not on the album. 'Break Legs' and 'Ox Baker Triumphant' come straight to mind, both of which are lovely.

But man, this album is fucking phenomenal. It's not the best tMG album by a long shot but it's still kickin' rad. And it's about wrestling, and that's awesome.

• Like 1

Yes it is! There's a handful of wrestling related songs by Darnielle not on the album. 'Break Legs' and 'Ox Baker Triumphant' come straight to mind, both of which are lovely.

But man, this album is fucking phenomenal. It's not the best tMG album by a long shot but it's still kickin' rad. And it's about wrestling, and that's awesome.

You mean A Song for Greg Valentine! Also Ox Baker Triumphant is amazing.

Beat The Champ turned up on my iPod yesterday but I haven't been able to sit down and listen to it. Listened to it on NPR's site last week though it's awesome - I mean, it's a Mountain Goats album that has a song about Chavo Guerrero Snr and has a song about the death of Brusier Brody. What is not to love?

I kinda prefer this version of Southwestern Territory to the album version though.