EWB Game of the Year - Results

Plubby

76 total games (an increase on last year!), 914 total points allocated has left us with our top 25 games of the year!

We'll start with some honourable mentions. In spoilers for those who don't want any spoilers. I'll be doing this in blocks, btw.

Assassin's Creed Unity: Missed on a tiebreaker that I didn't think I'd need, but less voters this year around meant it came up.

Far Cry 4, Civ: Beyond Earth, MGS: Ground Zeroes: Three beloved EWB franchises that missed out
Sunset Overdrive, Fantasy Life: Games that received 3 or more votes but didn't crack the list. Unfortunate.

250px-MLB_14_The_Show_Cover_Art.jpg

MLB 14: The Show

84.5 Weighted points, 2 nominations. Tie broken over Assassin's Creed: Unity on (previously unpublished) third tiebreaker - highest place among votes

#t-23

220px-Silent_Hills_logo.png

P.T. (Silent Hills)

100 Weighted points, 1 nomination. Tie cannot be split by virtue of identical votes

#t-23

220px-Plants_vs._zombies_Garden_Warfare_

Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare

100 Weighted points, 1 nomination. Tie cannot be split by virtue of identical votes

BDFF_Logo.jpg

Bravely Default

108 Weighted points, 3 nominations

220px-Shovel_knight_cover.jpg

Shovel Knight

120.3r Weighted points, 3 nominations.

• Like 1

No one else voted for P.T.? Oh fuck you guys, that was the most horrible couple hours of my life and it was magnificent.

It scared the piss out of me, but the pixel hunt bullshit after the initial "OH HOLY FUCK FUCK THIS SHIT FUCK" scare just completely soured me on that game. I really, really loved its atmosphere and it could be an incredible game when it comes out—and there's shit I didn't even know about it up until the other day

like the creepy creature/dude on the upper floor you only see after wandering through the door, like, fifteen times

—but as a game it just completely lost its steam for me and the frustrating bullshit just completely outweighed all the horrible greatness that was the incredible atmosphere. It is probably one of the scariest/most tense/most unnerving things I've ever experienced, but trying to trigger the next thing to open the door fucking succccccksssssss. And yes, having played some more Shovel Knight over the past few days, I can confidently say that Shovel Knight was robbed.

250px-Wolfenstein_The_New_Order_cover.jp

Wolfenstein

121 Weighted points, 4 nominations.

220px-Lightning_Returns_Final_Fantasy_XI

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII

128 Weighted points, 2 nominations.

220px-Banished_logo.jpg

Banished

128 Weighted points, 2 nominations. Tie broken by virtue of more 1st-place votes.

200px-NBA_2K15_Xbox_One_Cover.png

NBA 2K15

133.3r Weighted points, 3 nominations

220px-Bayonetta2boxart.png

Bayonetta 2

133.3r Weighted points, 3 nominations. Tie broken by virtue of more 1st-place votes.

220px-Titanfall_box_art.jpg

Titanfall

135.2 Weighted points, 5 nominations.

256px-Watch_Dogs_box_art.jpg

Watch_Dogs

135.2 Weighted points, 5 nominations. Tie broken by third tiebreaker - highest place among votes

256px-Octodad_Logo.png

Octodad: Deadliest Catch

145.8 Weighted points, 5 nominations.

220px-Alien_Isolation.jpg

Alien: Isolation

147 Weighted points, 3 nominations

SouthParkTheStickOfTruth.jpg

South Park: The Stick of Truth

161.3r Weighted points, 6 nominations.

#t-10

PersonaQBoxart.jpg

Persona Q

162 Weighted points, 2 nominations. Cannot break tie as votes identical.

#t-10

260px-FIFA_15_Cover_Art.jpg

FIFA 15

162 Weighted points, 2 nominations. Cannot break tie as votes identical.

#t-10

250px-Don_Bradman_Cricket_14_Box_Art.jpg

Don Bradman Cricket 14

162 Weighted points, 2 nominations. Tie broken by virtue of more 1st-place votes.

220px-The_walking_dead_video_game_season

The Walking Dead: Season Two

192 Weighted points, 3 nominations

220px-Shadow_of_Mordor_cover_art.png

Shadow of Mordor

240.6r Weighted points, 6 nominations.

There's been other cricket games?

Bemused over the inclusion of a cricket game in EWB's Game of the Year for 2014 list, the board's American contingent sought revenge. However, their plan to infiltrate the 2015 list proved to be a failure when a lack of cohesion left them confused on just which one of their many inane and only popular in their own country sports to back.

• Like 3

With so few people voting this year, it was always going to be a risk that two games that polled extremely highly could come in and take a high spot like this. I think the top 5 are reasonable, and we'll start to see them from this evening (my time) :)

Wahey! Don Bradman! To be fair it's the best cricket game there's actually ever been.

That's absolute and utter rubbish.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cricket_96

This was.