EWB's Top 50 TV Shows of 2014: The Results

GoGo Yubari

Previously, on EWB's Top 50 TV Shows of 2014:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uloT8V6Skgk

And here we go. The cutoff this year was 22 points on two ballots, and that belongs to another show in its final year of eligibility...

hFzUoV9.png

50. The Legend of Korra (22 points, appeared on two ballots) (Last Year: NR)

0YPB8Ta.png

49. Rick and Morty (22 points, appeared on three ballots) (Last Year: NR)

ha0wuUG.png

48. Survivor (22 points, appeared on four ballots) (Last Year: #34)

D0lEQ9Y.png

46 (tie). Broad City (23 points, appeared on three ballots) (Last Year: NR)

ODX8EsT.png

46 (tie). Shameless (23 points, appeared on three ballots) (Last Year: #29)

Next Time, on EWB's Top 50 TV Shows of 2014: You know what South African mothers say? "Be thankful for what you've got, because there are fat children starving in Mississippi."

Thoughts on the first five; Korra had a great final two seasons after an uneven first two and I'm glad me and Ruki were enough to get it into the top fifty for the first and last time. Rick and Morty is now the show that it's the most ridiculous that I've never seen a single episode of. Survivor had what I thought was a pretty good year, even though San Juan Del Sur dragged for a long time until reaching a fairly fun stretch post-merge. Broad City is rad as fuck and I regret not watching more of it, I'm like halfway through the first season. Never seen Shameless.

Moving on to a four-show mini update before larger, tie-obligated update.

q30ekln.png

45. Forever (24 points, appeared on three ballots) (Last Year: NR)

AWAB0AG.png

43 (tie). House of Lies (25 points, appeared on two ballots) (Last Year: NR)

aVwo7gH.png

43 (tie). Veep (25 points, appeared on two ballots) (Last Year: #42)

AVUBFdX.png

42. The Daily Show with Jon Stewart (25 points, appeared on four ballots) (Last Year: #31)

Next Time, on EWB's Top 50 Shows of 2014: Well, my daddy told me to stay here as part of the Subway Rules. Plus, this is all my dream, so everything is okay!

Saying Review was robbed would be an insult to robbery.

I didn't watch any of this year's House Of Lies, but I liked the first two seasons. All the crazy sex scenarios are a bit much to take though.

Didn't watch any of this year's Veep either, but I caught up on a lot of what came before. It's fun.

Daily Show took a massive step up in quality this year IMO.

Season 3 of Veep was on the whole I think a little less good than season 2, but "Alicia" is neck-and-neck with the episode where they go to Finland for the best episode they've ever done. "Clovis" is pretty excellent too.

Disappointed that Review didn't make it. It wasn't that high on my list though so, oh well.

Rick & Morty is great. I've decided animated comedy shows are my catch-all, I seem to love them all these days. I'm expected Archer and BoJack Horseman to show up later.

Veep I enjoy usually, couldn't really get into it this year though.

I haven't seen Daily Show in ages.

The rest I haven't seen at all.

sorry about the one-day delay, juggling a few things right now. But here's an update with one extra show to make up for it!

ECT6Xin.png

40 (tie). Scandal (26 points, appeared on two ballots) (Last Year: N/A)

JrXceWw.png

40 (tie). Derek (26 points, appeared on two ballots) (Last Year: NR)

hviqlwq.png

39. Comedy Bang Bang (26 points, appeared on three ballots) (Last Year: NR)

kl4xenp.png

36 (tie). The Newsroom (26 points, appeared on four ballots) (Last Year: #21)

wTd42Nz.png

36 (tie). Supernatural (26 points, appeared on four ballots) (Last Year: #27)

i1w8NYI.png

36 (tie). Louie (26 points, appeared on four ballots) (Last Year: NR)

Next Time, on EWB's Top 50 TV Shows of 2014: The idea behind organized crime is that it's supposed to be organized. When people start using chainsaws, that's a sign. And it is not a good sign.

• Like 1

I really liked Louie last year and then the giant multi-episode arc happened and I just got drowned in other shows and still need to catch up.

Comedy Bang Bang is fun, though I much prefer the podcast. Neat to see it make the list.

I tried jumping in on it, but I don't think it's the kind of show you can just jump in on. It seemed like it was pretty good from what little of it I could follow though.

Comedy Bang Bang is fun, though I much prefer the podcast.

Sums up my take as well.

Louie is in that Veep/House Of Lies category where I'm a few seasons behind, but I like it.

...wait.

What is happening in that Supernatural picture? I need to really get caught up...

...its from a Con