EWB's Top 50 TV Shows of 2014: The Results

GoGo Yubari

And once again, Colbert beats The Daily Show!

This was the first time Colbert finished higher actually.

SRKSdJB.png

30. The Colbert Report (33 points, appeared on three ballots) (Last Year: #38)

hMSpaXo.png

29. Key and Peele (33 points, appeared on four ballots) (Last Year: NR)

QaNc5Z3.png

28. New Girl (34 points, appeared on four ballots) (Last Year: #39)

U85BPox.png

27. The Leftovers (39 points, appeared on four ballots) (Last Year: NR)

gJXo25Q.png

26. Once Upon a Time (42 points, appeared on four ballots) (Last Year: #43)

Next Time, on EWB's Top 50 Shows of 2014: Here is an experiment for you; think about the things you want in life, then picture yourself in a dress.

I meant the whole, "The Colbert Report has broken The Daily Show's winning streak," thing has finally crossed over to EWB. It only took us a little while to catch up to the Emmy Awards.

in this five, a couple shows that might have made the top 20 if Livid had voted!

LkMYjHE.png

25. Elementary (49 points, appeared on six ballots) (Last Year: #18)

AetfneN.png

24. House of Cards (49 points, appeared on seven ballots) (Last Year: #41)

YkHi7mA.png

23. Suits (54 points, appeared on seven ballots) (Last Year: NR)

Ca2ogKE.png

22. Boardwalk Empire (58 points, appeared on five ballots) (Last Year: #14)

srsawMi.png

21. Gotham (59 points, appeared on nine ballots) (Last Year: NR)

Next Time, on EWB's Top 50 TV Shows of 2014: I thought the meaning of people was somewhere in here. Then I looked inside Nicolas Cage and I found a secret; people are random and pointless.

I'm sad that Boardwalk did nothing but continuously drop each year, but I'm happy that it's still higher than I thought it would be since only like 5 people watch it.

Then I'm sad again because fucking Gotham beat it :(

EDIT: Also I'm quite surprised the show GoGo previews for the next update made it that high, I thought a lot of people had soured on it.

Well, last year was Boardwalk's peak. Previously I'm pretty sure this was about where it always placed. But god, it finishing a spot lower than Gotham.

Gotham is just not a good show. It's really not. It's really really not. Robin Lord Taylor and Donal Logue are fun but beyond that...

• Like 1

Gotham even placing is criminal. I mean, it's getting better and shows promise, but for a show that's about 10 episodes in it has at least a 50% utter shite ratio.

Shame that for the first time I got around to watching Boardwalk before year end and it wound up the first season that didn't make it into my top 15, let alone top 5 like it had previously been.

• Like 1

I like Gotham, and am happy it charted, but Elementary should be higher on the list.

House of Cards is really fun to binge. The performances are fantastic, and it's best, it's really absorbing and addictive watching. When you sit down and think about it retrospectively, it has a lot of flaws, but it can still be really fun to watch, even at its most ridiculous.

• Like 1

Gotham even placing is criminal. I mean, it's getting better and shows promise, but for a show that's about 10 episodes in it has at least a 50% utter shite ratio.

Shame that for the first time I got around to watching Boardwalk before year end and it wound up the first season that didn't make it into my top 15, let alone top 5 like it had previously been.

Do you mean the final season? Did you not feel it was good? I'd say it was Boardwalk's second best season after the Gyp season.