Super Mega EWB Fantasy Baseball 2015 Deluxe Edition

thatshortguy

Hello, friends. It's just about that time again. The EWBBL is getting ready to start up again and I'm looking for fresh victims.

Last year, I joked numerous times about us going Roto in '15. Some of you love getting rotisseried, some hate it. So I'm going to propose a compromise.

Two leagues.

That's right. EWBBL as the H2H, 1v1 league and the new EWBRL (EWB Roto League, or Swinger's League for short :shifty: ) as the Roto league. I'll commish and participate in both leagues, because beyond the draft, you bastards don't really do anything that requires a Commish anyways. Yahoo for both, as to make it easier for me to manage (plus, we seem to have a good set of scoring rules for H2H on Yahoo.)

The 2015 EWBBL Head-to-Head League:
Signup is HERE.

1. Los Hijos del Shorto (thatshortguy)
2. Potton Wolverines (9 to 5)
3. Team of Noobitude (PepsiTwist)
4. LNK's Hakuna Machado
5. Srartown Sweeties (JHS)
6. Cuban Homerun Crisis
7. Axis of Headhunters
8. The Based Gods (Lowerdeck)
9. The Berober Killas
10. Sam's Superb Team

H2H Rules & Regulations:

1. Schedule, Roster Size & Positions

-One starter at C, 1B, 2B, SS, 3B, LF, CF, & RF.

-One Utility player who can be any batter.

-Four bench positions that can house any position players. This is where Sara will permanently put Anthony Rizzo the first time he goes on a slump.

-Two Disabled List spots for anyone officially put on a MLB team's DL.

-Two Starting Pitcher positions.

-Two Relief Pitcher positions.

-Four generic Pitcher positions you can use for any pitcher. Expect LD to have 6 starters and two relievers.

-All non-drafted players will go on Waivers. Waiver period is three days.

-Trades take two days

2. Top four teams will make the playoffs. Teams 5th-10th (likely featuring me) will be in a Consolation Playoff.

3. You'll have two days to vote against trades agreed upon. Trade deadline is Monday, August 16th. There's a Yahoo medal for making a trade! Anyone? No? Alrighty then.

4. Scoring

Each week, you'll face an opponent in several categories. There are twelve total. For each category you beat your opponent in, that's one game won. Best you can do each week is 12-0. If you're Pepsi, 0-12. I will go 6-6 despite 75 roster moves each week.

The categories we'll keep scoring with are: Runs, HR, RBI, Steals, AVG, and On-Base+Slugging % for batters. For pitchers, it will be Wins, Saves, Ks, ERA, Holds, & Strikeouts per Walks Ratio (K/BB).

All of these are eligible for debate. Any changes must be agreed upon by at least five teams by Draft Day!

5. Draft

Draft Day for the EWBBL is Thursday, Feb. 19th! There will be a thread for the H2H draft with the order, rules and Yahoo's Player List posted the weekend prior. Trades of draft picks or previously picked players are allowed. First five rounds will have a 24-hour deadline. Each round after will have a 12-hour. You don't have to fill every position, as all undrafted players hit the waivers and the goal is to have the draft completed well before Opening Day.

See ya soon!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 2015 EWBRL Roto League:

1. Los Hijos del Shorto Roto! (thatshortguy)
2. Axis of Roto
3. The Cubs Win! (JHS)
4. The Baseballs!
5. LNK's Hakuna Machado (LNK)
6. Greg's Choice Team

Roto Rrules & Rrregulations:

1. Schedule, Roster Size & Positions

-One starter at each of the following: C, 1B, 2B, SS, 3B.

-Three generic outfield spots for any outfielder you want to play.

-Two Utility spots for any other batters you want to start.

-Two Starting Pitcher spots.

-Two Relief Pitcher spots.

-Four generic Pitcher spots for any other SP/RP you want to use.

-Five Bench spots for anyone you want to stash.

-Two DL spots for anyone officially listed as injured. To this day, I still curse Desmond Jennings when mentioning this.

-Trading Deadline is Monday, August 16th.

-Two days to process trades or allow a majority of other teams to veto it.

-All undrafted players hit the Waiver Wire.

-Waiver time is two days.

-Season starts on Sunday, April 5th.

2. Scoring

Every day, your stats will be matched up against every other team's stats in the following categories:

Runs, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, and Fielding % for batters.

Wins, Saves, Ks, Holds, ERA, & Walks/Hits per IP ((BB+H)/IP) for pitchers.

Where you rank against everyone else determines where you rank overall. This may seem confusing at first, but will make sense over time. As a quick example: if I lead the league in two categories but am last in all others, I'm likely not leading overall. If Srar is second or third in each category, she'll likely be leading overall. The goal is to make a balanced team.

All roster spots and scoring categories can be debated and changed by at least three teams agreeing to the proposed change. These can be debated/altered right up until...

3. Draft Day

Draft Day for the EWBRL is Thursday, Feb. 19th! There will be a separate thread with rules, order, and Yahoo's Player List posted the weekend prior. 24 hour deadline for each pick in the first five rounds, 12 hour deadline for rounds six through The Bitter End. You don't have to fill every spot through the draft. You can trade players and picks if you so choose.