2015 MLB Season

thatshortguy

Yeah, I'm taking liberties here...but I've never been able to start one of these and we're but a mere few month from pitchers & catchers reporting.

Plus I'm the Commish of the fantasy leagues, so it makes sense. :shifty:

Miggy may miss the start of the season.

Justin Upton ain't afraid of no Petco Park. (Side note: :( )

Ned Yost will lead the Royals for at least one more year.

Obligatory Braves story: Braves give Wandy Rodriguez a minor league deal, now have 50% of all starting pitchers in the Major Leagues.

I always get excited around this time of year when football is winding down and baseball is on the horizon, and no matter how crap the Mets look on paper I'm always pumped up on Opening Day even if I know they'll be bad in a given season. This is the first year since...shit, somewhere around 2009-2011 where I'm entering a year actually thinking the team can not only be good but can compete for a playoff spot.

I'm not sure they can keep up with the Nationals for the division, although I can't see them losing nearly every game against them as they did last year. I do think they have enough pitching to compete for a wild card spot and with there being two of them that should mean your season is relevant until the tail end of September.

I do worry a bit about the hitting. They need not only Wright and Granderson to bounce back but Cuddyer to stay healthy and Duda/Lagares/d'Arnaud to not have any sort of significant regression. That's probably asking a bit much. Incredible pitching though.

We may be about to get even more, as Atlanta is likely dealing Evan Gattis to the Astros for -- of all things -- PITCHING.

We will be the only team to win every game we do win 1-0.

And there ya go. Gattis to Houston for two pitching prospects and one minor league hitter.

I'm too downtrodden to even post a table-flipping gif.

Also we're going to play Yasmany Tomas at third base even though everyone who's ever seen him play says he's terrible at third base but we reckon he'll be good at third base because he has grit/hustle.

I knew I should've stuck with my diary

• Like 3

Dan Duquette is forcing his way out of his contract with Baltimore to become CEO in Toronto. Classic Angelos scoffed at the idea of matching what Toronto was offering Duquette, so good on him taking a better job. But it's a toxic atmosphere in the front office apparently, nothing is getting done, and the big thing right now is to try and work out compensation from Toronto.

Winning the division last year was fun, can't wait to relive 1998 this time around.