2015 AFC Asian Cup

Lineker

• Admin

190px-2015_AFC_Asian_Cup_crest.png

GROUP A

23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png Australia (hosts)

23px-Flag_of_South_Korea.svg.png Korea Republic/South Korea

23px-Flag_of_Oman.svg.png Oman

23px-Flag_of_Kuwait.svg.png Kuwait

GROUP B

23px-Flag_of_Uzbekistan.svg.png Uzbekistan

23px-Flag_of_Saudi_Arabia.svg.png Saudi Arabia

23px-Flag_of_the_People%27s_Republic_of_ China PR

23px-Flag_of_North_Korea.svg.png Korea DPR/North Korea

GROUP C

23px-Flag_of_Iran.svg.png Iran

23px-Flag_of_the_United_Arab_Emirates.sv United Arab Emirates

23px-Flag_of_Qatar.svg.png Qatar

23px-Flag_of_Bahrain.svg.png Bahrain

GROUP D

23px-Flag_of_Japan.svg.png Japan

23px-Flag_of_Jordan.svg.png Jordan

23px-Flag_of_Iraq.svg.png Iraq

23px-Flag_of_Palestine.svg.png Palestine

Eurosport are the UK broadcasters for the tournament, which already began last Friday but so here is a thread! Next matches are Bahrain/UAE and Qatar/Iraq, tomorrow morning.

• Like 3

According to North Korean TV, they've already won.

Beat South Korea 46-0 in the final. Supreme Leader Kim Jong-un scored them all.

• Like 1

Ok, story time.

Got free tickets to the Iraq/Jordan game on Monday, Expectations were that we would go in, The atmosphere would be pretty low, Not much of a crowd.

Upon finding our allotted seats myself and my posse found ourselves behind the benches and deep in Iraqi territory.

The middle aged bloke in front of us with an I heart Iraq scarf proceeds to tell us with a smile "You sit with Iraq, You cheer for Iraq"

Fair enough, What's the harm? In the next 90 minutes I had probably the most fun I've ever had at a Soccer/Football game. Completely took all of us by surprise just how passionate these guys were, From the little kids to the guy we immediately dubbed "Iraqi Mario" for his sweet hat.

I know it might sound weird to be gushing over something so inconsequential but considering what's gone on in their homeland over the years it had me pumped to see them come out in full voice (and by that large a number) and completely shattered all preconceptions I had. I left with an ear to ear smile it was so bizarre but in an awesome way.

Couldn't get work off to go to the 'Straya/South Korea game on Saturday but we surprised one of my close friends with an early birthday road trip down to Sydney for the Final. Hoping for Australia (Ovbs) or Japan (She's a big Japan fan) but none of us would object if Iraq made it (Don't know if they're any good or Jordan is just shit)

tl;dr Slogger was a bit unsure of Iraq, Goes to game, Now loves Iraq.

• Like 2

Is Ray Wilkins still the Jordan manager?

He is indeed.

Speaking of Jordan, Word is going around that AFC officials force-fed a Jordanian player water in order to hydrate him for a post match piss test and he's in a pretty bad way now.

~cough~Soccer~cough~

:shifty:

It's what I'll always know and call it haha Australia has actually played pretty well in their first two games, I wasn't expecting much tbh but they've been attacking a lot and it's made soccer somewhat bearable for me to watch :P

• Admin

4d4c6774be11b6ebeed78017f100917c

" data-width="466">

:lol:

Today's scores:

Bahrain 1-2 UAE

Qatar 0-1 Iran

This means that UAE and Iran are both through, and their game on the 19th will determine who wins the group.

Palestine are getting thumped (5-1 down into injury time) against Jordan. Iraq v Japan follows it.

At least they got a goal. :)