Metallicas St. Anger rerecorded

Herr Matzat

I am not a big fan of covering other Bands a lot rather of creating your own music (as a musician - i don´t care what you do with your guitar at home ;) ) but this is really really good shit. Better than the original Album if you ask me.

Re-recorded in it’s entirety, #STANGER2015 is a project from Daryl G. and Chris D. (from Grace The Skies) and Dave C. (of Adust), and is a brand new version of Metallica’s 2003 album St. Anger.
Recorded during a turbulent time in the bands career, St. Anger has always divided opinion. Some longtime fans were turned off by the drop tuned riffs and raw production, whilst some listeners embraced it, myself included. #STANGER2015 is for the listeners who weren’t so fond on the record back when it was released in 2003.
Recorded from the ground up, the album has been shortened by 15 minutes, yet every riff and lyric is intact, resulting in a more concise and focused record. The production is also more conventional, and we hope that Metallica fans appreciate this new version of an album that is always looked at as an anomaly in the incredible career of the world’s biggest metal band, Metallica.

Edited by Herr Matzat
  • Like 1

I never got the hate for St Anger, but then I've never been a big Metallica fan. I wonder how Lars will feel about this being posted on YouTube for free :shifty:

I don't see why he'd have a problem with it, he posts Youtube videos almost as much as Kirkland.

I actually always liked most of St. Anger. The main songs on there match up to any of the other albums but I think the answer of why is it so divisive? lies in the whole sphere of where they were at the time, with Hetfield going to rehab and the whole learning to feel and finding a new bassist I don't think even they knew what they wanted with St. Anger. It's still not the worst Metallica album though, we live in a world where Load and Reload exist after all.

• 2 weeks later...

St. Anger is the reason I started listening to Metallica. I bought it on holiday while in America for no real good reason and loved it. Then I listened to the rest of their stuff and loved that all as well.

St. Anger is a horrific album. It's just seems like such a lazy album where they wanted to followed the trend of the time. I'm still of the belief though they haven't done anything worthwhile since Master of Puppets though (S&M was pretty fun though).

So you don't like ...And Justice For All or the Black Album? I thought the Black Album was their last great album. (Sure, they have had great songs since, but not great overall albums)

*edit* Funny thing is, when I DJ (I DJ online for 2 hours 2 nights a week), most of the Metallica requests I get are for songs off Ride The Lightning, Master of Puppets and the Black Album. I've been doing it for about 3 years, and have never had a request for anything off St. Anger or Death Magnetic. And I never get requests for anything off Reload other than Fuel.

Edited by GhostMachine

So you don't like ...And Justice For All or the Black Album? I thought the Black Album was their last great album. (Sure, they have had great songs since, but not great overall albums)

*edit* Funny thing is, when I DJ (I DJ online for 2 hours 2 nights a week), most of the Metallica requests I get are for songs off Ride The Lightning, Master of Puppets and the Black Album. I've been doing it for about 3 years, and have never had a request for anything off St. Anger or Death Magnetic. And I never get requests for anything off Reload other than Fuel.

Black Album had some high points but I always felt they lost something when Burton died.