The Thread That's on Indefinite Loan to Manchester City (The 2015 Major League Soccer Thread)

HailtotheYo

Sooooo TFC has picks 6, 9, and 11 ? They nailed 6 with GK Alex Bono bent then went WTF with pick 9 (Defender nobody really rated in the 1st round) ..... so 11 is another defender, but a Canadian and a much better fit. They've got two more picks in the 2nd round. They could really set up nicely if they get those picks right.

There is a complicated way that they could get allocation money from other teams and apply it to Gilberto's deal, putting his salary below the DP slot.

I guess they could loan him out too.

How will TFC use Altidore and Giovinco? A 4-1-3-1-1 with Altidore up front and Giovinco right behind?

• Like 1

I was going to post a bunch of potential TFC formations and whatnot, but the more I think about it, the more I realize I have no idea how this team is going to look next year. At all. So I'm not even going to bother trying.

That said, I'd love to see a 3-5-2, 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 set up, with Jozy the target man, Giovinco behind him (beside in a 4-3-3), Bradley bossing the midfield with Osorio and oh dear gods please don't make our defense place defense.

4-4-1-1 or 4-2-3-1 with Gio roaming right beneath Jozy would be ideal. Osorio and Bradley are going to be key to the whole thing as they can easily trade off off/def positioning ... I'm just curious about the left side.

NYRB are likely to sign Ronald Zubar for some defensive help, and New England are after Heldon (sporting CP) ...