The Thread That's on Indefinite Loan to Manchester City (The 2015 Major League Soccer Thread)

HailtotheYo

This is bigger than Oba ... and Oba was a pretty damned big deal when it happened (at the time he was in CL play).

I cannot wait for the CBA to be done and we get new salary numbers and such. Things are picking up so freaking quickly now.

Looks like CHI is going to sign Shaun Maloney

Considering TFC's epic track record of monumentally screwing things up, is the Giovinco signing still a big deal if he ends up hating Toronto, TFC, MLS and heads back to Europe next year? If talented guys come over, but then head right back, wouldn't that potentially be worse than them not coming over in the first place?

Considering TFC's epic track record of monumentally screwing things up, is the Giovinco signing still a big deal if he ends up hating Toronto, TFC, MLS and heads back to Europe next year? If talented guys come over, but then head right back, wouldn't that potentially be worse than them not coming over in the first place?

Yes and no. I don't think Defoe's situation really hurts anything ... especially given his comments and the fact he was hurt half the time. I take more note of the things that Henry, Keane, Beckham and the like have stated. The fact that Oba and Gio have come (Oba re-signing even) ... etc. Yeah there'll be bad apples and those that simply don't get it or don't like it. As long as those are individuals and not the norm we're fine.

TFC might not be done: http://www.wakingthered.com/2015/1/19/7852693/damien-perquis-terminates-real-betis-contract-toronto-fc-signing - DF Damien Perquis perhaps.

NYRB acquire Andrew Jean-Baptiste .... he's shown really well in the time he's played.

I just don't like how much Giovinco and Altidore are getting paid. It's stupid money, and just sets the bar for every other DP signing to want ridiculous amounts of money. I can already see Kaka being ready to demand more money.

Money to pay down Gilberto if the new CBA doesn't allow four DP, maybe?

Seeing as FCD was willing to pay "money" and an international slot for Bekker, I guess someone in their organization thinks really highly of Kyle, which is more than most TFC fans could say.

yeah, he's shown flashes ... did pretty decent as a sub/fill in ... if FCD did it for depth, I think it's a good move. Most likely it is an attempt by TFC to find a way to keep Gilberto

41212 .... Altidore, Gilberto up to with Gio underneath and Bradley/Osorio at the mid ? You almost don't need defense <_<

Money to pay down Gilberto if the new CBA doesn't allow four DP, maybe?

Seeing as FCD was willing to pay "money" and an international slot for Bekker, I guess someone in their organization thinks really highly of Kyle, which is more than most TFC fans could say.

yeah, he's shown flashes ... did pretty decent as a sub/fill in ... if FCD did it for depth, I think it's a good move. Most likely it is an attempt by TFC to find a way to keep Gilberto

41212 .... Altidore, Gilberto up to with Gio underneath and Bradley/Osorio at the mid ? You almost don't need defense <_<

Good. Because we don't have any.

Eh, Hagglund is decent and certainly has the potential and Morrow is serviceable ... Caldwell is all right if he's got any gas left in the tank ... but yeah, looking at your roster right now you literally have 5 defenders. Wow. Sure, you drafted 3 defenders but even one of those is an attack minded asset.

Exactly why I think there might be a 3-2-3-2 or something in TFC's future. Not sure if Vanney has the balls to try it, though.

I like Hagglund; he's going to be a good if not very good MLS defender. I've been a fan of Henry's since I first read about him in the Toronto Star six years ago (-ish?), and hope he does well at West Ham, but damn we needed him. But other than Haggs and "wacky inflatable waving arms" Caldwell, we've go nobody to play CB. I think TFC's got its hopes on Damien Perquis' ability to still contribute, or one of the draftees becomes Rookie of the Year.

As always, it's going to be an interesting season at BMO Field. Oh, wait, they're getting a new sponsor, too, so it might not even be BMO Field.

Yeah Henry leaving was really a blow ... but even with the signing of Perquis it's razor thin. I mean 5 CBs is good, unless two of them are rookies :shifty: I'm really curious as to what the heck is going to happen.

Bendik is actually pretty good, but even a good body is only going to stop so many bullets before falling down.

CLB signed RB Hernan Grana (Boca Jrs)

Looks like CHI will indeed get Shaun Maloney ... as a DP, eh

PRESEASON HAS STARTED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DCU news as they've upgraded Espindola to a DP <_< and have Andrew Driver in camp (hope he sticks)

Orlando is being linked with Paulo Andre (DF) and Ken Griffey JR "bought" their 10000th season ticket (nice pub stunt)

Report: Tim Cahill has deal in place to leave #MLS, join UAE side Al Wahda http://bit.ly/1EMgPl6

Orlando City has acquired Martin Paterson on loan from Huddersfield Town, per club release