Help me creat a great "Anti Suicide" Playlist

Herr Matzat

Axxis - Touch the Rainbow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yPp7TnPCqM

Early Axxis is a good one. Rainbow usually works for me too. Especially their AOR phase with Graham Bonnet and Joe Lynn Turner.

I Surrender

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMmMqfQZkxA

Since You've Been Gone (Russ Ballard Cover)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1P17ct4e5OE

Edited by Hellraiser

Early Axxis is a good one. Rainbow usually works for me too. Especially their AOR phase with Graham Bonnet and Joe Lynn Turner.

*snip*

Wait, now there's another person on the planet that knows Axxis?! Let alone likes their music? What the hell - now I'm not kvlt anymore!

*snip*

Wait, now there's another person on the planet that knows Axxis?! Let alone likes their music? What the hell - now I'm not kvlt anymore!

Yeah. I discovered them when they were on Tour with Helloween in 07/08. I have to say I enjoy their later material from their power metal phase more than their earlier stuff. My favourite album is probably "Doom Of Destiny". Especially everytime when the male and female singers have a screaming battle to determine who can hit the highest notes.

*snip*

Yeah. I discovered them when they were on Tour with Helloween in 07/08. I have to say I enjoy their later material from their power metal phase more than their earlier stuff. My favourite album is probably "Doom Of Destiny". Especially everytime when the male and female singers have a screaming battle to determine who can hit the highest notes.

I saw them on that same tour. With Helloween and Gamma Ray - what a lineup! I discovered them just a year or two prior to the show, and by that time I only had one of their CDs: Back to the Kingdom.

I discovered them by accident on Youtube. I believe I was searching for a Dio-era Black Sabbath live version of Heaven and Hell, and on top of finding it, I got the usual random assortment of partial hits. Among them was Axxis' "Heaven in Black" with a silly anime video. Being a little bored I clicked on it thinking it's probably shit...

...blew my mind! Halfway through I was still kind of thinking it was awfully geeky and lame, and that they're a bunch of Scorpions-wannabes, and "is this heavy metal? They even have a guitar solo!" By the end of it, I was sold. I had to play it again. Great music, great musicians, OFF THE CHARTS in their sense of melody, and they do it all without conforming to what is hip. They just do their shit, like it or not. And it's most definitely a love it or hate it type of band, starting with that trebly, piercing voice of Bernhard Weiss.

I now own:

Kingdom of the Night

Axxis II

The Big Thrill

Back to the Kingdom (digipak)

Eyes of Darkness (autographed)

Time Machine (digipak w/bonus video game)

Paradise in Flames (digipak)

Doom of Destiny (digipak)

Utopia (digipak w/bonus, autographed)

20 Years of Axxis DVD+2CD

reDISCOver(ed) (autographed)

Kingdom of the Night II black/white 3CD deluxe box (they only released 666 of these)

I ordered a bunch of these from their website and they tend to sign quite a few of them

...and they do it all without conforming to what is hip...

I feel they kinda did with "Matters Of Survival" and "Voodoo Vibes". It is not as obviously pandering as a lot of Hair Metal bands did in the 90s to stay relevant but they definitely lost the plot with those two.

And yeah, that tour was great. It is just such a shame that Helloween still make Andi Deris sing all the Kiske stuff although they have more than enough great material with him and, let's face it, he simply can't sing most of them. But they keep doing it. Ever heard Andi Deris sing "March Of Time"? It is abysmal. I get that these are the songs that most people know them for but it would be sooo much better if they would keep the Kiske stuff to a minimun (maybe 1 or 2 songs as an encore) and focus more on his own material.

And I'm also not too big on Kai Hansen as a singer. I wish they would get a proper lead singer.

I love Kai. Heavy metal through and through.

I love the music he writes but can't stand his voice. The first few albums they recorded after he returned to the mic were tolerable but ever since the turn of the millennium he got worse and worse in my opinion. Especially live when he tries to sing songs like I Want Out or other Kiske songs. He can't hit these high notes. He is even worse than Andi Deris in that regard. I think the German Government should pass a law that dictates that the only person who can sing songs originally recorded with Michael Kiske should be Michael Kiske.

They should pass a law that Kai Hansen should be allowed to do anything he pleases.

Walls of Jericho is an amazing record, and Hansen's thin, trebly voice is a perfect fit with the chaotic, thrashy speed metal Helloween made at the time. Later on he's become a better singer technically, but he's still got enough of that rough edge.

Hot Water Music- Drag My Body

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XPVNKIqy_cw

Or the acoustic version

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H4njZJml5lY

"Stand up steady now, take a breath and somehow, take a step begin again, after all we can only do our best"

I'm assuming the above suggestions about getting her in touch with proper help were already taken into account though? I'd agree that if I was at that point and someone played Everybody Hurts I'd take it a bit differently.

Edited by EndOfAnEra