2015 NFL Off Season Thread

Dan

Wait, did the Eagles and Rams actually swap 1st round picks too, because if not that trade is ludicrously one-sided?

Apparently not. Which is not exactly the most effective way to get Mariota (especially since even if they did swap first round picks, it still wouldn't exactly be putting themselves in prime position for him.) So that makes me think there's more crazy moves in store.

I was defending Kelly up until this trade, but man, if the Eagles don't get Mariota and blow next year, the fans are going to run the guy out of town. The trade just makes zero sense without something bigger. You're giving up Foles, who even if he's not your guy, is healthier and better than Bradford has proven to be, and in addition, you take a huge cap hit and lose draft picks.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1m1 minute ago

Following up on what @caplannfl said about DeMarco Murray, this is kinda wild. There is some old-school recruiting going on from #Jaguars.

What?

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1m1 minute ago

The #Jaguars, who have sat and waited for DeMarco Murray all day, are now in full-fledged sell mode. Coaches making a huge pitch.

How is this helping them get Mariota though? All they've done is give away picks, take on Bradford's stupid contracts and get rid of arguably their biggest remaining trade chips in Foles.

Am I the only one who'd have Foles over Bradford any day of the week? They've gotten absolutely screwed on this deal.

• Like 1

How is this helping them get Mariota though? All they've done is give away picks, take on Bradford's stupid contracts and get rid of arguably their biggest remaining trade chips in Foles.

Am I the only one who'd have Foles over Bradford any day of the week? They've gotten absolutely screwed on this deal.

I'm agreeing with you. I was just touching on Szumi's post while replying to yours.

*Jumps off the Walt Whitman bridge*

Hitman, it's quite accurate. From my perspective, a lot of people didn't want to see Shady go, but understood the move. This Bradford move (unless the Titans like Bradford, which is something I saw on the Twittersphere) makes absolutely no sense. We're downgrading the QB position and ending up with worse picks? What the actual fuck?

No one likes Sam Bradford enough to surrender what is needed to get Marriota. But good on Kelly if he's found a team dumb enough to do that.

• Like 1

Unless that team is the Titans, that's a massive risk if they're banking on Mariota.

Would be megalols if the Buccs took Mariota and the Eagles were left with Sanchez, Bradford and/or Famous Jameis after going all in on the Duck! :lol:

Edited by TCO
  • Like 1

*Jumps off the Walt Whitman bridge*

Hitman, it's quite accurate. From my perspective, a lot of people didn't want to see Shady go, but understood the move. This Bradford move (unless the Titans like Bradford, which is something I saw on the Twittersphere) makes absolutely no sense. We're downgrading the QB position and ending up with worse picks? What the actual fuck?

I was hacking into security cameras at all the NFL offices and found Chip Kelly's office.

xVyoSl.jpg

• Like 4

Unless that team is the Titans, that's a massive risk if they're banking on Mariota.

Would be megalols if the Buccs took Mariota and the Eagles were left with Sanchez, Bradford and/or Famous Jameis after going all in on the Duck! :lol:

If that happens, I shall get you a Donatorship (again)

Voila_Capture-2015-03-10_09-08-18_PM.jpg

• Like 1