2015 College Football Thread

So today is National Signing Day and the unofficial start of the 2015 season. Day started with Byron Cowart committing to Auburn, then not submitting his LOI until late in the afternoon. Poor Malzahn probably had a heart attack. All signs pointed to him having gone to Florida had Muschamp still been coach there, so that's a big win for Auburn.

Lot of news all around, too much to keep track of. Tennessee landed another massive recruiting class, Auburn and FSU of course were the clear 1-2. Clemson has a great incoming class as well. With Tennessee it's really time for Butch Jones to start putting the program on a clear path to annual New Year's games. He's got the recruits, cleaned up the mess, and is in a very good spot to win this year and beyond. I think the dude can coach as well as recruit, so get excited for the resurgence of the Vols. Charlie Strong got a great class for Texas. The battle for LA is really exciting, both USC and UCLA have great classes. Possible top 10 for both. But USC won the day because they had a recruit do the very, very best thing.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2353728-the-commitment-watch-5-star-iman-marshalls-epic-recruiting-announcement

That is the best thing. More guys do this, don't just have goofy press conferences in your school where you grab the wrong hat.

I always thought Nick Saban was the biggest scumbag coach in College for everything he's done...but even he wouldn't do something like this http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/05/bobby-petrino-still-not-a-man-of-his-word/

How Petrino keeps getting jobs is beyond me with a history like that. He completely screwed over his own recruit and now that kid has nowhere to go.

In some other sad news.

http://deadspin.com/report-rece-davis-to-replace-chris-fowler-as-host-of-c-1684115949

Saturday mornings will never be the same.

I absolutely love Reece, but I many not watch .... this freaking blows.

Love you too. But how do you feel about Rece Davis?

• 5 months later...
  • Admin

Ohio State star Braxton Miller says he will switch positions from quarterback to wide receiver for his senior season, giving coach Urban Meyer a much easier path to selecting a starter among three experienced candidates, and giving the NFL a look at his ability to play a position he is better suited for as a pro at the same time. Miller told Sports Illustrated about the move on Thursday, although according to the report, it has been in the works for some time. Meyer, however, indicated no final decision has been made.