2015 College Football Thread

In a shocking development, Oregon has unveiled new uniforms!  These ones are called Pioneer and honor the Oregon Trail and those who explored it.CQjiWMVUYAAxfdJ.jpg

Yes, noble American pioneers Lewis, Clark and Duck.

That helmet is simultaneously ridiculous and fantastic, I love it.

• Like 1

Michigan playing well under Harbaugh is really taking the edge off of the Lions season. This is nice so far.

He was supposed to need 2 or 3 years.  Dude can coach.

Texas took a lot of heat off Charlie Strong and Tennessee took whatever heat there was off Butch Jones.  The end of the TCU-KState game was madness.  Rutgers put up a fight against Sparty and lost in hilarious fashion (Rutgersing).  Clemson looks unstoppable.  Utah-Cal playing a great game right now, that I'm gonna have to sleep through the 2nd half.

• Like 1

Alright, so, if UCLA beats Utah, we're back at the top of the PAC12, right? I mean, I'm assuming since Oregon sucks again, and Washington is back on the rise, that we're kicking it like the 90s, which means Bruins ascendant, yes?

We've already got a Skip Hicks and a Cade McNown in Paul Perkins and Josh Rosen. SOMEONE FIND ME A JJ STOKES, STAT!

• Like 1

Can't believe the Vols actually beat Georgia! The team's offense and defense both decided to show up near the end of the game.

Its just a damn shame that Dobbs is the best runner on the team.....and he's the QB.

Wow. I hate 'SC. I mean, I honestly do, but that is beyond the pale.

Now they get ANOTHER chance at getting someone competent. Blah.

EDIT: Actually, I'll be real. The man is going through a divorce, while in a job that can be very stressful, especially with the team 'underachieving' like it has been. I hope that, all rivalry aside, he gets the help he needs and gets through this, and is able to move on with his career, whether that's at USC or somewhere else. It's easy to forget that, even though these guys make great money, they're still human, so, yeah, I maybe shouldn't be making jokes about it.

• Like 1

Woah, that didn't take long. It was just yesterday that he was on a "leave of absence" to deal with his alcoholism. Word's that he wasn't sober during the Arizona State game this past weekend either.

I'm not surprised, showed up to practices and meetings drunk, you can't really ignore that.  Yes, he needs help and I hope USC helps him get it, but that's the kind of thing you can't do and expect to keep your job.

Yeah it'd be impossible to recover from that even once he hopefully is sober.  Parents are going to look at that history and go "You know what, I don't want my kid going to USC."  As soon as the story came out yesterday it was a point of no return, you can't rebuild off of it.  Hopefully he gets help and can get back into coaching, and hopefully people are forgiving of him and he isn't blocked from jobs because of this.

Both USCs will be needing new head coaches, apparently. 

Reports are saying that Steve Spurrier has retired from the other USC. Hated his guts when he was at Florida, and loved seeing him fail in the NFL (but only because it was with Washington; almost anywhere else I'd have loved to see him succeed). But college football just won't be the same without him.

Someone who clearly fails to understand college football posted a comment on Yahoo saying they thought he'd be more popular in Tennessee because he played high school football in the state. Umm....no. You play for or coach a rival, we hate your stinking guts. (We may respect you or wish you well afterward, but we still hate your guts as long as you're with that rival)

Edited by GhostMachine