Superman 64 Discussion Thread

Benji

Na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na...  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na...

• BATMAN!
    • LEADER!

Then you'll probably toddle off to TRP or 8chan and identify us a 'feminazi danger zone' or something equally as stupid.

Look, I have no hopes for this thread and no interest in engaging this issue on EWB in particular because fuck aaaaaaaaaaaaall that, but if this leads to some kind of horrible SEA LION INVASION for me to laugh at then I'm all for it.

2014-09-19-1062sea.png

• Like 10

I still have no idea what this is, some internet drama? Don't give a monkey's.

Gamergate is a controversy regarding sexism in video game culture. It garnered significant public attention after August 2014 when several women within the video game industry, primarily game developers Zoe Quinn and Brianna Wu and feminist cultural critic Anita Sarkeesian, were subjected to a sustained campaign of misogynistic attacks. These attacks, initially performed under the Twitter hashtag #gamergate, were later variously coordinated in the online forums of Reddit, 4chan, and 8chan in an anonymous and amorphous movement. The harassment included doxing, threats of rape, and death threats, including a threat of a mass shooting at a university speaking event.

It is okay. I wasn't actually asking.

What if it was about Road Dogg?

I thought this had all blown over tbh.

Skummy had a dude in his Twitter notifications just this morning--a total stranger--telling him that they WILL NOT DIE because THEY WILL DRINK THE SJW TEARS OUT OF THE CARTON which is fucking gross, and also people who call them gross misogynists are attacking with LITERAL FIRE AND SPIKES.

• Like 3

Gamergate is a controversy regarding sexism in video game culture. It garnered significant public attention after August 2014 when several women within the video game industry, primarily game developers Zoe Quinn and Brianna Wu and feminist cultural critic Anita Sarkeesian, were subjected to a sustained campaign of misogynistic attacks. These attacks, initially performed under the Twitter hashtag #gamergate, were later variously coordinated in the online forums of Reddit, 4chan, and 8chan in an anonymous and amorphous movement. The harassment included doxing, threats of rape, and death threats, including a threat of a mass shooting at a university speaking event.

It is okay. I wasn't actually asking.

What if it was about Road Dogg?

"Road Dogg was harassed by groups of feminists after tweeting Zoe Quinn had sexually assaulted him. She said he deserved it as "nobody wanted you at that Wrestlemania party anyway" he responded by sharing her bank details and issuing threats that her ass better call somebody."

• Like 5

I thought this had all blown over tbh.

Skummy had a dude in his Twitter notifications just this morning--a total stranger--telling him that they WILL NOT DIE because THEY WILL DRINK THE SJW TEARS OUT OF THE CARTON which is fucking gross, and also people who call them gross misogynists are attacking with LITERAL FIRE AND SPIKES.

Wow and damn.

Actually this is about ethics in games journalism. -_-

• Like 2

God Damn Benji mini-modding, less of that shit <_<

Benji was a mod first :/

I WAS BEING SARCASTIC LOOK AT THE GODDAMN SMILEY <_<

This is like anti-my style of modding. Making more threads rather than merging them into a horrendous confusing singularity just ain't my modding style.

Then why did you make this thread when we had a thread that covers the origin of GG already. hm?

HMMMM?!?!

I think I just struggle with the whole concept despite vaguely getting the history. Are the 'pro-gg' people the mysogynistic lot? I honestly can't grasp what the argument is whatsoever.

BRIEF TIMELINE:

1. Woman named Zoe Quinn releases game called Depression Quest to some minor acclaim.

2. Quinn's ex-boyfriend points out sordid details, claimed she slept with a reviewer for positive reviews (false).

3. Noted Firefly fuckboy and gun-toting misogynist whackjob Adam Baldwin dubs it HASHTAG GAMERGATE on Twitter while an IRC chat room (yes, really, those ancient things we use during PPVs) starts disseminating Quinn's personal information, calling her house, harassing her relatives, etc.

4. Around the same time, several publications release articles discussing some variation of "the death of the gamer identity" due to the increased presence of women, queer people, and people of color in gaming communities. Reasonable people understand the nuance inherent in "death of an identity." Idiots with no concept of nuance interpret it to mean "WE WANT VIDEO GAMERS TO LITERALLY DIE," begin e-mailing these sites' advertisers.

5. Bafflingly, the same crowd starts going after feminist critic Anita Sarkeesian, which basically torpedoes any chance of ever saying it's about JOURNALISM ETHICS. This does not stop anyone from saying it's about JOURNALISM ETHICS.

6. Repeat for six goddamn months.

There's a ton of levels of this particular shit salad that I haven't even gotten into. Like, that comic above probably makes very little sense if you haven't been following this from the beginning. There's just so much bullshit going down that it's hard to sum up, but that's roughly how it got started.

• Like 5

Someone needs to start a zero ethics games review website.

'The game is a pile of shit but the developers took me to Maui' 10/10 or 'I won't review your game unless it comes wrapped in furs, preferably Panda'.

• Like 6

This is like anti-my style of modding. Making more threads rather than merging them into a horrendous confusing singularity just ain't my modding style.

Then why did you make this thread when we had a thread that covers the origin of GG already. hm?

HMMMM?!?!

Did we? I missed that one (thankfully).

Besides, it still proves my point - extra threads = not my style of modding! :shifty:

HMMMM?!?!

Did we? I missed that one (thankfully).

Besides, it still proves my point - extra threads = not my style of modding! :shifty:

The Tropes vs Women series thread. Any GG'er that pretends that this is not an attack on female journalists in response to this series is lying to themselves.

• Like 2